Schedule discussion

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

drivehard

Post by drivehard » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:27 pm

It does not matter to me, when we plan the events, as long as I can go to the KC div. event, and not miss an OMR reg. event. I do what I want when I want, so I am flexible. :twisted:
CRUX[kruks] 1. of perplexing difficulty. 2. the essential or most important point.

DRIVE HARD, DRIVE FAST, DON'T MISS YOUR POINT!!!!

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:28 pm

So is there going to be a 2008 Season at OMR?

Haven't heard any reports from the committee as to what is happening.
Haven't heard anything on the alternate sites.

I drove by PCP Saturday and found the one hole in the back side has opened up into a 6" sink hole the size of semi duals. There is another hole forming North of it and one where we normally do the crossovers plus the North side of the lot appeasr to be getting several ruffles in it which could prove hairy in a high speed slalom.

We need a State of the Region address to assure others like myself that things are being handled and let us know whether there will even be any AXing here in SW MO in 2008.
Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing

Crazy_Dog
Location: Hangin out at the Stick, lookin at a thing in a bag

Post by Crazy_Dog » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:58 pm

I drove the lot today, and I think its usable. the big question is still at this time with Brad.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

- Jonathan Fessenden, - OMR Board Member

JimR

Post by JimR » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:31 am

The OMR board meeting is tonight. I'll bet a few of these things will get talked up and voted on, and get moved forward.

My inputs? For event dates, the schedule I threw out on the first page of this thread dances around key holidays and higher-level Solo2 events in the area, and it's Sunday events exclusively to keep the Solo program in the black. Jonathan is still overseeing Solo operations, and I trust he'll make a good call on what needs to get done to prepare for the season.

An early caution for this season: non-members are now mandatory "weekend" members for insurance purposes, and the national office is gipping us an extra $5 per non-SCCA entrant. This would be a good time to join the SCCA. I don't know what will be most financially prudent for the region, but I wouldn't be surprised if the non-member rate went up $5.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

magilson

Post by magilson » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:34 pm

JimR wrote:The OMR board meeting is tonight.
Spaced the meeting. Sounds like Ed is looking to help us out. Or just whining again. I'm never sure. Ed?
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:22 pm

magilson wrote:
JimR wrote:The OMR board meeting is tonight.
Spaced the meeting. Sounds like Ed is looking to help us out. Or just whining again. I'm never sure. Ed?
I suggest you finish your website project since you are nearly a month late then you can go back to smart ass comments.
magilson wrote:Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:19 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's beginning to appear I'm the one who'll have to do it. I'll have something for you guys to look at by next weekend!
Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing

drivehard

Post by drivehard » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:31 pm

Hmmmmm, that is interesting being as I made a new post titled "Front Page" earlier.

Easy peps.... :shock:
CRUX[kruks] 1. of perplexing difficulty. 2. the essential or most important point.

DRIVE HARD, DRIVE FAST, DON'T MISS YOUR POINT!!!!

magilson

Post by magilson » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:47 am

Unstable wrote:I suggest you finish your website project since you are nearly a month late then you can go back to smart ass comments.
Don't worry Ed. Ben is working on it. He talked to me not long after. :lol:
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

Crazy_Dog

Post by Crazy_Dog » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:46 am

Ed has VERY valid points and is genuinely concerned for the solo2 program.

I don't think that sarcastic comments or bating back and forth is going to help the situation or help improve the club. ed has a good point, as far as the outside observer is concerned, nothing has been done except talk about things so far. this is something that was brought up at Tuesdays board meeting as well.

the lack of communication in this club is being, and will continue being addressed.

The upside to things like the BLATs is that there was less of a need to have instant communication. waiting until the weekend to get the meeting report done was fine. getting results done could be done in free time and not have any priority.
with the website the pressure to have information instant becomes apparent.
However I would point out that instant information will never happen. everyone has there prioritys.

Anyway I'm going to try and get the meeting report upped later today, and again. the lack of communication is a problem. but lets not jump into each other over it ;)

magilson

Post by magilson » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:20 pm

My point is I don't need a concerned parent. I need a concerned friend. I don't need someone saying we need to get our sh*t together. I think we need someone saying how can I help you get your sh*t together. If I'm wrong about that maybe I'm in the wrong place.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:22 pm

Seems OBVIOUS that must to get our S*** together before the first AX in March. Pointing out the OBVIOUS is simple. Working with others towards solving/rectifying the problem at hand is more difficult, and requires teamwork and communication (which I believe was Magilson's point).

We all have the right to express our opinions, but I'm certainly not going to complain to my wife that her butt is too large. I might, however, suggest that we begin taking daily walks together.

In other words, if someone is concerned about the progress (or lack thereof) of the Solo2 program, is it more beneficial to complain to the OMR board, or to contact the interested members that will actually be doing the work, and then suggest improvements? Again, the answer is OBVIOUS.

I'm committed to spending a couple of Saturday afternoons, before the first autocross, to assist in the preparations. I'd encourage any interested member to attend, and constructively assist in the improvement of the Solo2 program.

Crazy_Dog

Post by Crazy_Dog » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:30 pm

My point is this.

I havent made any updates to the webpage. and I've not given out a normal schedule like I have in the past. and honestly blown off several comments wondering the status of the program simply because I was running past and didnt have time.

so Ed has a point.

the other side is that Ed's obviously ruffled feathers in the past so that anything he says will be looked at as him stirring up trouble, I'm making a call to at least check and see if thats his intent or not before we get back into flame war is all :)

and I'll further add this.

FYI:
Anyone on the committee, the board or even the person who shows up early Sunday mornings to help out.
your putting on a bullseye.

Eds comments are not meant to be hurtful but out of concern for the club.
I'll assure you that his endeavors are of the best interest for the club. even if I dont agree with some of the comments ;)

and trust me. He truly is looking for the best of the club. the comments I could remark on that have been made over the past years... you would understand why I have not problem with eds lol I've been told some stupid hurtful things and had to read some pretty pathetic complaints :)

its just something that is part of the territory. take the good with the bad, enjoy the club. and every big complainer is no longer around. :) no worries :)

love to talk more. but just got back into town and I need to cook food and do laundry!

magilson

Post by magilson » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:46 pm

Fair enough. And I apologize, Ed. And I will do so in person as well.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

JimR

Post by JimR » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:49 pm

Maybe I missed it, but I've been watching the forums pretty closely?

What was the approved schedule for this year?
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

magilson

Post by magilson » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:09 pm

JimR wrote:Maybe I missed it, but I've been watching the forums pretty closely?

What was the approved schedule for this year?
I'm hoping it's what was posted on the front page and what I posted here, and here...

If that's not it I need to know soon. We'll be the last region around here to decide!
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI