Calling all drivers

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Crazy_Dog
Location: Hangin out at the Stick, lookin at a thing in a bag

Calling all drivers

Post by Crazy_Dog » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:50 pm

Pay close attention to the schedule. and pick a day when you can volunteer to help run a event!

At this point I will not be able to make any Sunday events this year.

I'll be doing as much training and pre-event and after event work as I can. fulfilling my obligations as a board member and solo2 "director" as it could be called.

I'll have a get together open to anyone who is interested in being a chief cook and bottle washer for a day. show you the ropes and how things work. we also need to have another general computer training event.
I'll get back with everyone on a date.

its not that big of a deal normally. nothing to be scared of. and with the committee its even less of a big deal.

at this point I will however say that it is *URGENT* that we get a new lot found. PCP may no longer be available. I say this because of lot conditions and that I have been unable to get ahold of the person in charge of leasing it.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

- Jonathan Fessenden, - OMR Board Member

Crazy_Dog

Post by Crazy_Dog » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:26 pm

I just got off the phone with Brad, and the lot will be available. he is still in the process of getting the schedule on paper.

drivehard

Post by drivehard » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:27 pm

I have not seen how bad the lot has become lately, but I do know the last time I raced last year, the lot looked a little ragged.

I will do what I can to help, just let me know Jonathan. :)
CRUX[kruks] 1. of perplexing difficulty. 2. the essential or most important point.

DRIVE HARD, DRIVE FAST, DON'T MISS YOUR POINT!!!!

JimR

Post by JimR » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:49 pm

Was a final schedule approved by the board? What was it, exactly?

Also, for the benefit of people who are interested, what are the duties of the event chairperson?

Just brainstorming, I think every event is going to need a half dozen key people nailed down in advance.

- event chair
- course designer
- chief of registration
- chief of workers
- SSS x 2
(- also, someone to tow the Solo trailer)

The event chair and chief of registration will probably have to team up to make registration happen on time this year with the National office's "weekend membership" paperwork.

Three people for registration is going to be best. It would be good to have the chief of workers - which used to be a bit of a skate job in the past - be on hand during registration to balance heats and place people where their skill level merits. Registration may be too busy this year to keep an eye on the worker assignment sheet. Heh, no more, "Who's in the trailer second heat...wait, no one?"

I will be there to do one any one job or the other, unless some unexpected life event conflicts. Probably a lot of course design/setup, unless some designers past and new want to step up. I know Bud is busy, but he offered to do one (or more...right, nudge, nudge? ;) ). I will jump into something else if that job is filled for an event.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:26 pm

I'm of the opinion the autocross committee, along with other interested members, should meet to formally plan our first event. Jim made some excellent suggestions, and they deserve discussion. We should also check out the equipment prior to the first event.

Since Jonathon won't be attending any events, he'll obviously need to provide some training.

"Plan the work and work the plan."

Do we want to go ahead and schedule this meeting?

Crazy_Dog

Post by Crazy_Dog » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:29 pm

I will be out of town the 8,9,10th and the 15,16,17.

If we want to do a weekday I'm free next week on wed night, or Tuesday wed Thursday of the week after.

or all day on the 23rd I'm available.

want to plan on the 23rd?

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:28 am

Saturday the 23rd would work for me. I'll repost this under Head Office.