event #1 Sunday the 9th!! Boardmeeting on the 4th

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Crazy_Dog
Location: Hangin out at the Stick, lookin at a thing in a bag

event #1 Sunday the 9th!! Boardmeeting on the 4th

Post by Crazy_Dog » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:48 pm

Just a reminder of the first event being the 9th this coming Sunday!!!

there is also a board meeting Tuesday night the 4th.

Schults and Dooleys too on south national in the back room!
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

- Jonathan Fessenden, - OMR Board Member

magilson

Re: event #1 Sunday the 9th!! Boardmeeting on the 4th

Post by magilson » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:12 pm

Crazy_Dog wrote:Just a reminder of the first event being the 9th this coming Sunday!!!

there is also a board meeting Tuesday night the 4th.

Schults and Dooleys too on south national in the back room!
Dude, I totally beat you on the front page... :wink:
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

JimR

Post by JimR » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:11 pm

Bring your SCCA card to the autocross!

For 2008, the SCCA National office now requires everyone who drives to be a temporary "weekend member" or permanent member of the SCCA. If you are a non-member, this will involve filling out a sheet with your contact information and becoming a SCCA member for the duration of the event. Not our idea, but it's required by our sanctioning body.

If you are a member, it would be a good idea to find where you lost that flimsy little card and bring it with you.

Note: for March 9th (and possibly many more), paddock/grid will be at the opposite end of the lot where you are used to, down in the back corner where we typically have a turn-around.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

Crazy_Dog

Post by Crazy_Dog » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:32 pm

You Rule my School! (both of yas!)

I didnt even look at the front page :oops:

I'll remember this next time ;)

magilson

Post by magilson » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:55 pm

I'm going to make note of the member card requirement as well as where to look for the new starting area. I'm sure there will be a few who scratch their head when no one is in the normal area. Then again with our new chief of waivers we might just be alright!

So I know I have my card. But what if a member shows up and doesn't have theirs? What's the plan, Stan?

EDIT: In fact, after this upcoming board meeting I will need to update the "Event Information" page to include the new cost for non-members as well as the need for your member card.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

Crazy_Dog

Post by Crazy_Dog » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:11 am

if you cant prove your a member... then are you? :)

Sucks but if you don't have your license and the cops pull you over you get a ticket.

Its really easy to slack off and say yeah I know your a member and go on when its people who we have known for years. but we do need to see the ID.
I've been surprised a few times by members who have expired or people that I assumed they were members because they showed up every event ect.

First event I wouldn't mind some exceptions for long term members, but second event due to the nature of the weekend membership the cards need to be required.

people like me who gave there cards to a nephew so he can have a racing license (much to the disappointment of his mother haha) will be out of luck first event.
:oops:

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:47 pm

Could someone from SCCA HQ could provide us with a list of members in our region? We could keep this at the trailer....

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:02 pm

I called the SCCA HQ about a membership list. They stated that our R.E. can contact HQ about adding a specific person to the region's authorized website user list, such that the person can login to the SCCA member site and pull a report on OMR's membership.

Perhaps someone could discuss this tonight with the R.E. (Curtis?). Sounds pretty simple....

magilson

Post by magilson » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:00 pm

zoomzoom wrote:I called the SCCA HQ about a membership list. They stated that our R.E. can contact HQ about adding a specific person to the region's authorized website user list, such that the person can login to the SCCA member site and pull a report on OMR's membership.

Perhaps someone could discuss this tonight with the R.E. (Curtis?). Sounds pretty simple....
I can bring it up. The catch will be the necessity of pulling down the list prior to every event since the likelihood of a rapidly changing membership is high. I know it's no big deal, and could most likely be assigned to whomever is the chief of waivers for the event, but it is just one more thing to do prior to the event.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:52 pm

I pulled down the OMR membership master list Monday, and will do it again on Friday. There will be a copy to reference Sunday.

However, I can only pull down OMR members on the master list. Those from other regions and sometimes dual members will not be on the list.

We could look up individual members from other regions on a case by case basis, but this would require getting on line at the lot, and is not a quick task. We can discuss this at the meeting tonight, but I'm inclined to just say no. There is just to much to do at an event without someone having to get on line and look up an individual member up.
Curtis Wood
OMR-RE
curtisATthiscrazygarageDOTcom

magilson

Post by magilson » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:30 pm

Curtis wrote:I pulled down the OMR membership master list Monday, and will do it again on Friday. There will be a copy to reference Sunday.

However, I can only pull down OMR members on the master list. Those from other regions and sometimes dual members will not be on the list.

We could look up individual members from other regions on a case by case basis, but this would require getting on line at the lot, and is not a quick task. We can discuss this at the meeting tonight, but I'm inclined to just say no. There is just to much to do at an event without someone having to get on line and look up an individual member up.
I have to believe that most, if not all, members will be aware of this need to show the card given the major change that SCCA has made to the way people are allowed to participate.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

Red Lion

Post by Red Lion » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:37 pm

How soon do they typically send out a card? I just registered today, says it should be here in a day or two so maybe I'll have it Friday.

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:29 pm

Red Lion,

Send me an email with your name and contact info and I'll check Thursday evening to see if your on the list yet.

Curtis
Curtis Wood
OMR-RE
curtisATthiscrazygarageDOTcom