NEW SEASON!!! Points Event #1...The Test 'n Tune

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

CivicSiguy

Post by CivicSiguy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:00 am

I know, and I don't know how he did it (well, aside from the fact he has more rubber/road contact than anyone else).

He was in the low 30's if I remember right?

magilson

Post by magilson » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:10 am

CivicSiguy wrote:I know, and I don't know how he did it (well, aside from the fact he has more rubber/road contact than anyone else).

Yeah, he was just a fet hundredths short of breaking the 30 second barrier.

I know that with the camera in my car I could see very clearly where I need a lot of improvement. I could see why I did better on some runs than others and Scott watched them and gave me good advice. In all the commotion I forgot to give Scott the camera and mount to record his runs so he could try and improve as well but It'll be used in the future without a doubt.

It was instantly obvious how valuable an in-car camera can be to improving your skills!
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:31 pm

Hi Matt:

Can you upload the video to YouTube? I'd like to see it too.

Chuck

scoTT

Post by scoTT » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:34 pm

CivicSiguy wrote:I know, and I don't know how he did it (well, aside from the fact he has more rubber/road contact than anyone else).

30.4 is what I ran.... :) Yeah the 255's are a bit of rubber..... but those kumho Victoracers are junk compared to the Nitto NT-01s that I was running.... if I had 255's in the nittos I would have been under 30 seconds...they just have so much more grip...

I wish we would have remembered to do the Cam mount in the rabbit.... id like to see my runs to see how I looked....
Scott Mahaffey FSP 187
2007 VW Rabbit 2.5l

magilson

Post by magilson » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:06 pm

zoomzoom wrote:Hi Matt:

Can you upload the video to YouTube? I'd like to see it too.

Chuck
Yeah. I'll need to put it all together soon. I'd really like to get my times edited in with it. I think the times with the video will really show where I went wrong and how I changed my approach. Even Scott saw it was obvious.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI