Autox Practice

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

CivicSiguy

Autox Practice

Post by CivicSiguy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:07 am

I was curious if OMR every hosted a members-only practice course? How does one normally get more seat-time?

I thought about just driving crazy in the parking lot, the for some reason I think local law enforcement would frown upon that :lol:
Don Peak
STX 225
08' Civic Si

VTEC = u got owned

magilson

Re: Autox Practice

Post by magilson » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:49 am

CivicSiguy wrote:I was curious if OMR every hosted a members-only practice course? How does one normally get more seat-time?

I thought about just driving crazy in the parking lot, the for some reason I think local law enforcement would frown upon that :lol:
Yeah. People who have driven crazy there have been approached by law enforcement. *cough*Chris*cough*. Keep it to the events. Most people just go to more events (STL, AR, or KC) or a track day (HPDE at Hallett) or a school (EVO, etc.)
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

JimR

Post by JimR » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:55 am

With the size of this region, having a sanctioned, insured event with site fees paid pretty much requires that we get as many people as possible to show up, member or not.

The easiest way to get seat time is to visit neighboring regions. NEOkla has two events coming up in Tulsa on Saturday, March 29, and Sunday, March 30. They have separate class and index runs, which shakes out to mean you can get four runs for $18 or eight runs for $32 (SCCA member prices).

I'm sure KC and St. Louis have some coming up, but they are pretty big regions and might not be able to give as many runs as OMR and NEOkla.

Also, you might plunk down for a school. EVO schools are not cheap, but the seat time is invaluable:

http://autocross.com/evolution/modules/news/
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD