MEETING SUMMARY -- POINTS EVENT #2 PLANNING MEETING

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

zoomzoom

MEETING SUMMARY -- POINTS EVENT #2 PLANNING MEETING

Post by zoomzoom » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:52 am

Attendees: Matt, Scott, Chris, Ben, Don, Chuck

Task List for April 20 Event
1. Items to purchase: 100 lbs of flour (bulk bags, 2 folding chairs, 100 bottles of water, colored wristbands for non-drivers, and 4 rubbermaid totes (to cover timing equipment). Responsibility: Chuck B and Don P
2. Portable Toilets -- Matt G to arrange.
3. Domino's Pizza -- Chuck B to arrange.
4. Flour dispensing machine. Needs another notch to apply proper level of flour. Chuck will bring a hacksaw to the event.

April 20 Points Event Number 2 Assignments
Course Design -- Chris
Waiver Station -- Chuck B and Matt L.
Registration -- Matt G and Don P
Timing Equipment Setup -- Ben
SSS: Need volunteer for Solo Safety Steward.
Trailer: Curtis W ????

Other comments: Waiver station needs to remind everyone to completely fill out both sides of tech cards. Non-drivers will be given a different colored wristband. Registration crew needs to hand out chalk at registration to encourage getting the course marked in a timely manner. If you attended SSS training a few months back, please remember to bring your form so we can have more official stewards in the future. Matt G stated the AM transmitter should be functioning for the next event, so drivers can listen for times on their radios.

Items to Discuss with OMR Board and Jonathan
1. Do we now have temporary weekend membership forms?
2. Since the temporary weekend membership forms were not on-hand for the last event, were they filled out retroactively and sent in?
3. Can we get the electronic timing board sent back? Matt G may be able to repair it himself (as he is an electrical engineer).
4. Will Curtis W bring the trailer again?
5. Trophy discussion.

zoomzoom -- self appointed secretary

JimR

Post by JimR » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:38 am

Thanks for pulling this together, Chuck. You guys are awesome.

I talked to Bud Weeks yesterday, and he may be willing to volunteer as course designer or help set up course for the April event if Chris doesn't have his heart set on it. I will let Bud chime in on that.

I'm sorry that I couldn't make the meeting, but if I could throw in my two cents after the fact, I think the traditional location of the trailer/start/finish is safer than what we saw earlier this month (two wheels on grass). Whoever does course setup, you will have more flexibility and spacing to run a safe course through the pinch point by the white/blue metal shed with the traditional direction of the course at Ducks. I have an updated sketch of the bad spots overlaying the Google Maps satellite shot in Photoshop and regular JPEG if anyone wants it.

Concerning the SSS issue, Bobby Jasan will be at the KC divisional (why I'll be gone, too). If a couple of the regular SSS could be there, that would be a huge help.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

magilson

Post by magilson » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:33 pm

I'll be a bit late in attending this next board meeting but I hope all the items we talked about can be addressed!
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:05 am

Picked up the 100#'s of flour and 90 bottled waters from Sam's this am. Also got the rubbermaid totes (for timing light covers) and folding chairs (for waiver station) at Wal-Mart. Total expenditures were $89.28.

Stopped by Reliable BMW and looked at the 128 and 135i's. Too pricey and not enough back seat room.

Who was getting the arm band stamp to identify driver's versus non-drivers?

zoomzoom

magilson

Post by magilson » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:16 am

Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

Crazy_Dog
Location: Hangin out at the Stick, lookin at a thing in a bag

Post by Crazy_Dog » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:44 am

Forrest called and said he will be there as 1 of the 2 SSS's

(look at all the pretty S's)
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

- Jonathan Fessenden, - OMR Board Member

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:05 am

zoomzoom wrote: Who was getting the arm band stamp to identify driver's versus non-drivers?
zoomzoom wrote: Task List for April 20 Event
1. Items to purchase: 100 lbs of flour (bulk bags, 2 folding chairs, 100 bottles of water, colored wristbands for non-drivers, and 4 rubbermaid totes (to cover timing equipment). Responsibility: Chuck B and Don P
2. Portable Toilets -- Matt G to arrange.
3. Domino's Pizza -- Chuck B to arrange.
4. Flour dispensing machine. Needs another notch to apply proper level of flour. Chuck will bring a hacksaw to the event.
:lol:
speed is relative... ...but the feeling is absolute

magilson

Post by magilson » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:30 am

AutoXChris wrote: :lol:
The board decided they would buy the stamp rather than the colored arm bands. That's why he was asking.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

scoTT

Post by scoTT » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:27 pm

one of the things I saw at the STL event that I liked was the Cones that were at each corner station had a number on it..... so when I worked corner 3 I went to the cone with the number 3 on it.... That would be an easy sticker idea for a later event.....
Scott Mahaffey FSP 187
2007 VW Rabbit 2.5l

magilson

Post by magilson » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:38 pm

scoTT wrote:one of the things I saw at the STL event that I liked was the Cones that were at each corner station had a number on it..... so when I worked corner 3 I went to the cone with the number 3 on it.... That would be an easy sticker idea for a later event.....
I'm sure I can find some tape that we can use to mark it for this next event! :wink:
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI