just did the STL AutoX

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

scoTT

just did the STL AutoX

Post by scoTT » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:13 pm

talk about an interesting day.... I worked heat 1 and ran heat 2...... it went from heavy fog, to freezing fog, to rain, to snow, to 20mph winds all in the 1st heat....haha.... heat 2 was drizzle for the 1st run then clear after that but the track changed so much each run.... by the last run I had the pressure in my tires so low to help with the slick track that when it got dry (only in spots) they were way to low to do anything....

My best run was a 58.somthing but it was a DNF...(I guess I took a short cut :) ) so I think I ended up with a 60.3 which was my 2nd run and the track was completely wet... my last run was like a 59.whatever but the rabbit ingested 2 or 3 cones right down the troat and 1 of them almost melted in half on my exhaust.... it wasnt pretty... 8)

all in all it was a good time.... I met some cool people from the area and plan to attend another event there in the future. The lot is so huge....
Scott Mahaffey FSP 187
2007 VW Rabbit 2.5l

magilson

Re: just did the STL AutoX

Post by magilson » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:50 pm

scoTT wrote:talk about an interesting day.... I worked heat 1 and ran heat 2...... it went from heavy fog, to freezing fog, to rain, to snow, to 20mph winds all in the 1st heat....haha.... heat 2 was drizzle for the 1st run then clear after that but the track changed so much each run.... by the last run I had the pressure in my tires so low to help with the slick track that when it got dry (only in spots) they were way to low to do anything....

My best run was a 58.somthing but it was a DNF...(I guess I took a short cut :) ) so I think I ended up with a 60.3 which was my 2nd run and the track was completely wet... my last run was like a 59.whatever but the rabbit ingested 2 or 3 cones right down the troat and 1 of them almost melted in half on my exhaust.... it wasnt pretty... 8)

all in all it was a good time.... I met some cool people from the area and plan to attend another event there in the future. The lot is so huge....
I plan to go to the next one. I just couldn't justify 6 hours and $60 in gas for a nasty day... I was so pumped to meet all the other VW's in DSP too!
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

scoTT

Post by scoTT » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:09 pm

the only other VWs there were a MkIV R32 is DS, a MKIV GLI Jetta in GS, and a MKIII Jetta VR6 in DSP. I didnt get a chance to talk to any of them. There were like 80 or so drivers which was a low turnout, we started at 9:30 and were done by 2:00 and got 4 runs on a huge track that made me go into 3rd gear a couple of times and had the ole rabbit up to about 80mph....... the pavment there changes every 30 feet or so it seems like.... :shock:
Scott Mahaffey FSP 187
2007 VW Rabbit 2.5l

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:08 am

scoTT wrote:....... the pavment there changes every 30 feet or so it seems like.... :shock:

:lol: :lol:
speed is relative... ...but the feeling is absolute

scoTT

Post by scoTT » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:31 pm

yeah I they didnt use any chalk or flower to make lines to show the course..... and so there were huge gaps like 200yard for a straight aways before you would get up to the next set of cones/corner..... it was huge and confusing...

it was $30 for members and they had no lunch break at all.... which honestly wasnt that bad...
Scott Mahaffey FSP 187
2007 VW Rabbit 2.5l