AUTOCROSS!!! Points Event Number #3 May 18, 2008

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

magilson

Post by magilson » Mon May 19, 2008 7:23 pm

zoomzoom wrote:My previous post was meant to be humorous. Had to get my pokes in since CivicSiGuy had a better raw score...
I'm not! I'm tired of spending my weeknights correcting results! I need more people to run the trailer so that it's not such a pain that limits who can do what. That and we keep having problems finding people who are willing to help with the non-corner worker jobs....
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Mon May 19, 2008 8:13 pm

magilson wrote:and we keep having problems finding people who are willing to help with the non-corner worker jobs....

Thus No Pics Guys!! Sorry! 8)

Waiver Station Aint bad! Iphone Helps! :lol:
speed is relative... ...but the feeling is absolute

mulkio

work assignments

Post by mulkio » Mon May 19, 2008 8:32 pm

i can help with whatever you need.....
im tired of avoiding out of control cars :lol: turbo m3 event #1,gto event#3, just let me know....
we need more pics :D
Last edited by mulkio on Mon May 19, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CivicSiguy

Post by CivicSiguy » Mon May 19, 2008 8:34 pm

zoomzoom wrote:Mr. Longpine & I take exception to CivicSiGuy's comment about the waiver station, as we've toiled at that thankless assignment for the last three events. CivicSiGuy's inference is that the waiver station is of much less importance than registration. In fact, making sure that liability waivers are signed and minor forms are filled out is extremely important.

I'd recommend that we create a new worker classification for CivicSiGuy: Chief of Ice Purchasing & Cone Marking. We should probably plan a training session for him though...

zoomzoom
I was at a Springfield Card's game tonight, so didn't get a chance to post until now :)

Yeah, I noticed after the first 7 words that zoom zoom's comments were meant to be humorous. I've received plenty of "non-humorous" versions of e-mails regarding my performance in various tasks, so now it's easy to spot the differences!
Don Peak
STX 225
08' Civic Si

VTEC = u got owned

magilson

Re: work assignments

Post by magilson » Mon May 19, 2008 8:44 pm

mulkio wrote:i can help with whatever you need.....
im tired of avoiding out of control cars :lol: turbo m3 event #1,gto event#3, just let me know....
we need more pics :D
We need to make sure that the course designer accounts for course worker locations and be sure the SSS reviews the locations in person!
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

CivicSiguy

Post by CivicSiguy » Mon May 19, 2008 8:44 pm

Besides, Matt, you have to admit that the "small" error with number 33/30, which you knew about before hand, is insignificant compared to the mountain to incorrect data from the last event!

I know you hate correcting things, and I'm sorry you've had to, however anyone that receives limited training (e.g. I didn't even know there was a RRN option until you showed me), is bound to make mistakes; regardless if they're me or someone else. You, Jonathan, Scott, etc. have used that software through numerous events. I've used it twice; the first was a wreck, this second time had 1 or 2 small errors that were easily corrected.

I don't mind what I do during event, however a good training will have to be provided for anyone that runs the computer during heats for things to be perfect.

The only thing that matters is we get to run. I'll work whatever.
Don Peak
STX 225
08' Civic Si

VTEC = u got owned

CivicSiguy

Post by CivicSiguy » Mon May 19, 2008 8:53 pm

Something is still wrong with the results...

There is a European car in the top 10 RAW results...is this normal? :lol:

EDIT: RAW instead of PAX
Last edited by CivicSiguy on Mon May 19, 2008 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don Peak
STX 225
08' Civic Si

VTEC = u got owned

scoTT

Post by scoTT » Mon May 19, 2008 9:08 pm

CivicSiguy wrote:Something is still wrong with the results...

There is a European car in the top 10 PAX results...is this normal? :lol:

I dont see what you mean.... Im 12th in pax and 10th in raw...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................fastest front wheel drive of the day BTW.... :) :twisted:
Scott Mahaffey FSP 187
2007 VW Rabbit 2.5l

CivicSiguy

Post by CivicSiguy » Mon May 19, 2008 9:28 pm

scoTT wrote:
CivicSiguy wrote:Something is still wrong with the results...

There is a European car in the top 10 PAX results...is this normal? :lol:

I dont see what you mean.... Im 12th in pax and 10th in raw...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................fastest front wheel drive of the day BTW.... :) :twisted:
Ahhh, i meant RAW :lol:

I have to admit that your quite fast; in fact I can't even think of that car as H-stock. That would be ridiculous!
Don Peak
STX 225
08' Civic Si

VTEC = u got owned

magilson

Post by magilson » Mon May 19, 2008 10:04 pm

CivicSiguy wrote:You, Jonathan, Scott, etc. have used that software through numerous events.
I've used it once. Scott has used it twice now.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

Red Lion

Post by Red Lion » Tue May 20, 2008 8:25 pm

magilson wrote:
zoomzoom wrote:That and we keep having problems finding people who are willing to help with the non-corner worker jobs....
I didn't mind working the grid at the first event and I wouldn't mind working the starting box either if you guys want. I just sign up for corner working because that's what I figure you need most people at.

by the way I was so disappointed when I read the results and found out I was getting 62's instead of 52's which I thought I heard I was getting! lol! figures though, 62's makes more sense on these tires! :lol:
91 240sx
RLR

Crazy_Dog
Location: Hangin out at the Stick, lookin at a thing in a bag

Post by Crazy_Dog » Fri May 23, 2008 6:59 pm

hehe what you are seeing is my flaws ;) I dont espicaly like spending my evenings getting results to be accurate so I tended to hog the laptop duty, thus no one ever learned :S hehehe

next time I get to run the laptop yall will be teaching me.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

- Jonathan Fessenden, - OMR Board Member

budweeks

Last event

Post by budweeks » Tue May 27, 2008 8:27 pm

Hey Guys,

I've been busy this past week and am just now getting a chance to post something about the last event. I thought it was a really good event, and thanks to all of you that helped bring it about. We (Mark and I) forgot about setting up corner stations. In the past I think someone else did that. We'll know next time.

Some words about the course. It wasn't exactly what we envisioned, but they never are exactly. We did accomplish several things that we wanted to. The start was designed to discourage burn-outs, which is safer and easier on the car. The finish had cars in a straight line and under power which I think helps protect the clocks. We wanted to have a faster but longer course. I think a faster course is more fun no matter what a person drives. I believe it still favored cars that handle well and you still have to make good decisions about where to go fast and where to go slow. I suspect the turn-around was not too popular and it is not something you would see at a national level course, but I thought it was a challenge to go slow enough there when you were going so much faster just before that section. I heard once something that I think is true, that most people go too fast in the slow stuff and too slow in the fast stuff. This course gave us some of both. I usually don't do too well on courses that I have had a hand in, so I was pleased that I did OK on that one.

I could hear the announcer pretty well. The PA is better than what we used to have, but I'm sure it could be better.

It wasn't too much trouble avoiding the holes in the lot. It does restrict your course options some though. Even though it is not a perfect lot by any measure, it is so much better a surface than what was used in Texas for the national tour event.

Even though it wasn't much fun getting up at 4:30 AM to get there in time to set up, I would probably do another course this year if you run short of course builders.

Any feedback or suggestions? Gripes or concerns?

Bud

CivicSiguy

Post by CivicSiguy » Tue May 27, 2008 9:53 pm

^^^ Well said. IMO it was the the best course I've driven all year (even though I really liked Jim's at event 1 and the last one that Chris made.)

I wouldn't mind you being the official course designer :)
Don Peak
STX 225
08' Civic Si

VTEC = u got owned

budweeks

Post by budweeks » Wed May 28, 2008 6:18 am

Thanks, but those 4:30 wakeups are brutal. Besides, I've driven on lots of good courses at Ducks. Maybe there are others that have never done a course that would like to try their hand. Eh?

Bud