August board meeting 8/5/2008 7PM

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

JimR

August board meeting 8/5/2008 7PM

Post by JimR » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:50 pm

Reminder: OMRSCCA Board meeting tomorrow. Tuesday, August 5, 7PM. Schultz & Dooley's Too on National in Springfield.

With the aid of a couple of beers, maybe we can loosen some good gossip on the Mid-Continent Motordrome. Buy a few more beers, and maybe you can get something at the track named after you, like a straightaway or a bathroom stall.

I'm going to try and make this one. It's time to revisit some Solo issues like trophies and site aquisition.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

JimR

Post by JimR » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:13 am

Also, our timing display. Do we know if that's fixable?

If not, we need better speakers for announcing times. A strip of speakers on a 2x4 is weaksauce, and ours are never pointed the right direction to be heard.

Some regions use speakers that sit on the ground, and can be pointed where people need to hear announcements, like the finish and in grid. Do we have any speaker experts on cost and setup?
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

craigb

Post by craigb » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:00 am

I'm not an expert by any means, but I keep the PA at the drag strip booming. The easiest way to add more speakers is converting to a 70v line system.
Craig

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:30 pm

All of these issues are discussed and acted on by the BOD in our monthly meetings, like the one tonight, which are open to OMR members. Yes, it is possible to attend a meeting without being "volunteered" for something, well in theory anyway :) . Seriously, we wish more members would attend.
Curtis Wood
OMR-RE
curtisATthiscrazygarageDOTcom