10-12-08 event (Lost and Found Chair)

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

SilverYota

10-12-08 event (Lost and Found Chair)

Post by SilverYota » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:03 pm

I found a chair that someone left in the grass by the stadium. If it is yours let me know via a PM.

I had a great time at the event today, Chuck and Don, I think you guys did a great job laying out the course today. It was very challenging for me, it took until my 6th run to even get a clue of how to drive it (thanks for the tips magilson).

I just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to the entire Solo2 committee. I feel the extra time put in by this group is the reason that we are getting 6 or more runs each event. I have enjoyed working with all of you this year and am looking forward to next spring when we get to start again.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

magilson

Post by magilson » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:37 pm

Results have been posted.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

joehyundai

Post by joehyundai » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:00 pm

lightening Fast!!! Thank you.
2005 Hyundai Tiburon SE
Friendly Ford

magilson

Post by magilson » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:31 pm

joehyundai wrote:lightening Fast!!! Thank you.
When the laptop and the timing all work the job's pretty darn easy. That's why those two things are on the top of (my) list for next season. They need to be 100% reliable. Period. If we can do that we can get a lot more people familiar with them and reduce the load on any one person. I'm sure Chuck wants relief from the waiver station as much as I want relief from the laptop.

Plus I want a crack at designing a course or two!
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:41 pm

I'll take the waiver station ANY DAY over laying out the course. I don't know how Jim did this month in and month out. I have a new found respect for both his design skills and the amount of physical and mental effort required to meet the deadline (which, by the way, is my official excuse for not making the top ten). Jim also has five hours of drive time that I don't even have. Hat's off to you, Jim!

The course yesterday somehow seemed to favor VW's, BMW's, and Corvettes as evidenced by the top 6 PAX cars being.... you got it -- VW's, BMW's, and Corvettes. Go figure that one out!

Congrats to Chris R on his second consecutive 1st place finish, in different cars. That is driving skill.

Chuck

magilson

Post by magilson » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:22 pm

zoomzoom wrote:
Congrats to Chris R on his second consecutive 1st place finish, in different cars. That is driving skill.
No Kidding!
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

The Huff

Post by The Huff » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:24 am

I loved the course, It was one of my favorites. You guy's did a great job.
Thanks again Bud for showing up to help and not even race. My wife and I had a blast this year and can't wait for next season.
Justin Huffman
Asst. R.E.