Any interest in a autocross committee meeting this Saturday

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

SilverYota

Any interest in a autocross committee meeting this Saturday

Post by SilverYota » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:01 pm

Since we didn't get together before the banquet, if there is enough interest maybe we could have an Autocross Committee meeting this weekend. It could be at 6PM in the back room of Qdoba 4127 S Kansas Expy Springfield, MO. This is basically a continuation of the post that JimR started http://www.omrscca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=825 and if there is anyone that is interested in becoming a part of the committee be sure to post.
JimR wrote:
- Timing and scoring refresher with the laptop. I know I could use it.

- Equipment issues for the upcoming season, testing, must-buy stuff, etc.

- Discuss any personal conflicts (weddings, bah mitzvahs, business travel, etc.) with our tentative schedule, make sure we have enough regulars to make our events run smoothly.

- Logistics for the new site at Crowder. Directions, paddock, safety, etc.
I also think we should finish up the Supplementals (they are about done) and maybe make up a flyer/agenda sheet for at least the first event (hopefully we could find the ones from last year and just make some slight adjustments).
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

JimR

Post by JimR » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:51 pm

It would be great if we could get some interest and attendance. We need to put on a model event at Crowder in March, and extra help is appreciated. Elaborating on before:

- Important roles: gate-wavier, registration, course, tech, etc.

- Axware software training on the new laptop, and making sure that software is loaded and configured to work correctly.

- Can we get normal width on our timing lights? It sounds like our cabling and connections are okay. If the timing box is weak on signalling, we need to start thinking alternatives and possibly borrowing another region's timing box. I don't think anyone would have a problem offering a free entry to someone from another region who could show up during setup with theirs. NEOkla has a Solo meeting a week from now. Don't know about KC or StL.

- Solo trailer discussion: do we have all the equipment, cones, and consumables (water, flour/chalk, etc.)?

- Lunch? On site as with our pizza at Ducks?

- We know where we will be limited for paddock and grid for our first event, which is the far/South end. Access is limited, so that gives us a start on logistics.

I may have family in town on Saturday, but I will have my phone no matter what.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

JimR

Post by JimR » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:41 pm

Oh, BTW Matt, I just remembered Saturday is Valentine's Day.

Potential attendees might have, umm, other plans. Don't know, just sayin'. ;)

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:54 pm

JimR wrote:
Oh, BTW Matt, I just remembered Saturday is Valentine's Day.
OOPS! Did I say this Saturday, of course I meant the 21st :wink:. If everyone could do me a huge favor and not mention this to my wife, that would be great (somehow I just know she is going to find out).

This will give me time to make a small fake season on the laptop to make sure everything works how I think it does, and trust me I have learned of a lot of things that we should have been doing that none of us knew about last year. The individual events were being done well enough and I think that all the people that tackled the software with such little training did a great job. It became obvious after the season was over that the season management was way off. We have learned a lot from conversations, help files, and I had a half hour conversation with AXWare Systems (the software provider) so next season should be much smoother. A "cheat sheet" for what needs to be done on the computer has been started and should be ready before the first event. Getting all persons that run the computer to do the same thing each event is important, trust me consistency is key.

Besides the great points that have already been brought up, we might also want to talk about:

- Preregistration: ideas and ways to encourage it. We could also take a look at AXWare Online Race Management service, the autocross software's website solution for this.

- If we are going to have exclusive car #'s (like last year), how will they be distributed and managed.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

JimR

Post by JimR » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:11 pm

We'll just say Saturday the 21st, then?

JimR

Post by JimR » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:48 pm

I'm not sure that we're getting a ground swell of interest in Saturday. If it's just going to be us two, we can have the meeting right here. ;)

We'll be having the monthly open membership board meeting about a week later on Tuesday, March 3. It would be excellent to get some participation then.

What do we think?

magilson

Post by magilson » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:52 am

JimR wrote:I'm not sure that we're getting a ground swell of interest in Saturday. If it's just going to be us two, we can have the meeting right here. ;)

We'll be having the monthly open membership board meeting about a week later on Tuesday, March 3. It would be excellent to get some participation then.

What do we think?
I'd say March 3rd will keep Jim from having to make two trips. But someone just let me know what the decision is for today. Really, though I think we just need to buckle down by email and have it ready for the 3rd...
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

JimR

Post by JimR » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:04 am

magilson wrote:Really, though I think we just need to buckle down by email and have it ready for the 3rd...
I think we're all in agreement here.

No one has chimed in to the contrary.

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:12 pm

I agree the 3rd is fine with me I will send out an email tomorrow to you guys with things I wanted to discuss and my opinions we can just keep it going from there. Jim what is the soonest that you could show up on the 3rd? I know you have about 1.5 hours of travel but have no idea what time you get off work. If you could make it 30-45 mins early to the board meeting we could work on any last things just before that meeting, and be ready to present to the board (the finished supplementals mainly).
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2