Schedule?

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

m3kerry

Schedule?

Post by m3kerry » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:04 am

You guys have a schedule yet?
98 m3
03 330i
formerly former_d1
www.autocrosstraining.com

Ted Wells

Post by Ted Wells » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:31 am

You're kidding, right? The '09 SOLO Schedule appears on the home page in the right hand column and in the autocross section in the left hand column and, not to mention, in several posts in the "Forum" attached to this website.

magilson

Re: Schedule?

Post by magilson » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:55 am

m3kerry wrote:You guys have a schedule yet?
Yep.

http://omrscca.org/index.php?option=com ... &Itemid=55

We try to keep our schedule as well as a few of the surrounding regions so that our members can best decide how to arrange their SoloII schedule!

I hope to see you at some of our events!
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

m3kerry

Post by m3kerry » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:20 pm

No, not kidding. When I looked this morning all I saw was that compilation schedule that nothing but divisional/national dates on it.

Thanks for providing a link.
Last edited by m3kerry on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
98 m3
03 330i
formerly former_d1

m3kerry

Post by m3kerry » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:34 pm

So, the next dumb question, that could probably be answered by searching or reading the forum, is what site will be used? CostCutter? Or Jim have you found another site?
98 m3
03 330i
formerly former_d1

Why T

Post by Why T » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:16 pm

They have secured a new site in Neosho that will be used for 3 events and the rest will be at the Ducks.

magilson

Post by magilson » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:26 pm

m3kerry wrote:No, not kidding. When I looked this morning all I saw was that copulation schedule that nothing but divisional/national dates on it.

I sincerely hope you meant to write compilation rather than copulation... ;)

You were looking under the "main" menu. We have a separate section where we maintain our SoloII information. You can find the schedule under "Autocross Calendar". The calendar under the main section is the divisional event schedule.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

m3kerry

Post by m3kerry » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:59 am

magilson wrote:
m3kerry wrote:No, not kidding. When I looked this morning all I saw was that copulation schedule that nothing but divisional/national dates on it.

I sincerely hope you meant to write compilation rather than copulation... ;)

You were looking under the "main" menu. We have a separate section where we maintain our SoloII information. You can find the schedule under "Autocross Calendar". The calendar under the main section is the divisional event schedule.
lol, i am going to edit my post, ops.
98 m3
03 330i
formerly former_d1

Red Lion

Post by Red Lion » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:48 pm

Not that I'm complaining about driving 15 minutes instead of an hour :D , but why the change to Neosho from Ducks Stadium? Are you guys going to try to make it THE site full time next year or is it just a change of pace thing?
91 240sx
RLR

JimR

Post by JimR » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:12 pm

For the people who have only been to Ducks, I think they'll love Crowder. It's a bigger, smoother, more open place to run a course.

Selection is always a boon to autocrossing, regardless of site quality. You never know when forces outside your control will take away your site, and if you only have one, it's game over. It has happened in every region I know.

The Crowder College Trucking College pad in Neosho is one of the better surfaces in the Midwest, and has natural boundaries that make it one of the safest in terms of access. It was a major accomplishment to land this site.

The Ducks Stadium lot has drastically deteriorated in the last two years to the point of having safety issue with our normal course layouts. Work is supposedly under way to patch holes, but it's quality for autocross use has been in question to this point.

We're going to use both sites, and will probably continue to do so in future seasons. That depends on the Ducks asphalt being maintained, and the continued relationship we've established with Crowder College.

OMRSCCA's regional boundaries cover much of Southern Missouri and a large section of Northern Arkansas. We have regular attendance from three states, and even have three states represented on the board of directors, which is a rarity within the entire SCCA. We'll have a handful of lazy people who won't drive an hour to Neosho and vice versa, but we're going to have a breakout season this year (including a divisional-level weekend event) that's hopefully going to be fun for locals and appeal to a lot of visitors from outside regions.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

m3kerry

Post by m3kerry » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:18 pm

Jim,

I plan to make a few. Will be at your leg of the midiv.
98 m3
03 330i
formerly former_d1

JimR

Post by JimR » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:49 pm

As we get closer to our autocross season and get more sets of eyes on our forums, I'm going clarify what I said recently.

Yes, the Crowder lot is excellent, and will help us continue to serve and build a membership in a wide area.

Don't take that as criticism of the Ducks Stadium lot in Ozark, or a move to abandon our core membership in the Springfield area. All but two of our regional events will be at Ducks, and we have a definite interest in continuing to use it. I understand repairs are under way to areas of broken asphalt, which will allow us to continue to use the full site in a manner we've enjoyed so far.

We have the rare luxury among SCCA regions of having two safe, reasonably large sites a short drive from everyone in the OMR viewing area. Not only that, but they're two sites that should prove to be very popular this year. People who choose not to attend one or the other based on perceptions of distance or quality are doing themselves a great disservice.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

Azonic

Locations

Post by Azonic » Mon May 11, 2009 7:56 pm

Will the locations be listed somewhere other than in the forums?

Would be nice if the schedule on the home page said "Crowder" or "Price Cutter" ..... ??

Just a suggestion...

Thanks!!

TDI and AMOD will run at the 24th event!

Why T

Post by Why T » Mon May 11, 2009 8:26 pm

All events will be at the Ducks stadium this year, with the exception of the MidDiv in July. That is the only other event being held at Crowder.

Unless maybe we can reschedule our April event as a Crowder event. :wink:

Ironhead

Post by Ironhead » Tue May 12, 2009 3:33 pm

Why T wrote:All events will be at the Ducks stadium this year, with the exception of the MidDiv in July. That is the only other event being held at Crowder.
March 22 - Truck Driver Training Center, Crowder College, Neosho, MO
April 12 - Price Cutter Park, Ozark, MO
May 24 - PCP
June 21 - PCP
July 11/12 - Crowder (Event #3, MIDIV SOLO Series)
August 16 - PCP
September 27 - Crowder
October 11 - PCP
November ?? - PCP

http://omrsolo2.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... owder#4750
Korry
1996 Camaro Z28 - 96 ESP
Simple and crude, but effective. The car too.