Auto Cross Points event #1, March 22nd@ Crowder in Neosho!

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

mitsumirage

just wondering

Post by mitsumirage » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:11 pm

could one or two of you meet me someplace in the morning on sunday so we can all head to the site together?

i just dont want to make a mistake and then end up being late or something since its and hour and 30 min away

thanks

Travis
2001 silver Mitsubishi Mirage st117

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:20 pm

AutoxChris, Mark Foley & Gregg McNabb are all there in springtown.
PM one of them. :)

I am flying thru from Marshfield.
Leaving here around 7AM to make sure I find the site in time.
If I weren't getting lost regularly, I would say meet me along I44 but I not be responsible for messing up both our days. ;)
Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing

markyf

Post by markyf » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:24 pm

I'll be there by 8:00 to do tech. Opie mentioned he would help with Tech also. I really think that all 3 of us (Korry, Opie, and me) would be needed if there are 60 to 80 entrants.
Mark F
'99 Firebird Formula 6-speed hardtop ESP
'99 Trans Am WS6 6-speed black ragtop ESP
'69 Z28 silver/black DZ302 4-speed SOLD

mitsumirage

well

Post by mitsumirage » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:11 pm

i was putting my tires on for racing today and noticed in one of them there was a crack all along the sidewall so i wont be racing tomorrow :(

but i will be there at 8 to watch and help out in any way i can :D

Travis
2001 silver Mitsubishi Mirage st117

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:36 pm

Travis, just put the old tire back on. Seat time is fun even if your not running up front.
Curtis Wood
OMR-RE
curtisATthiscrazygarageDOTcom

Why T

Post by Why T » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:33 pm

I have been busy with tires too today. I was setting up my R compounds and then looked at the weather and realized there was a good chance for rain. So I also had to setup my street tires. And now it looks like it will rain tonight but clear off in the morning. So I'm just bringing both sets and will figure it out when I get there.

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:34 pm

WTG everyone, nice job. :D

Very nice location. :D

Big thanks to Crowder for letting OMR use the lot. :D

Your Mid Div should be awesome. :D
Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing

Why T

Post by Why T » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:43 pm

WOW, I had a great time. As many of you know this was my very first autoX event ever. And I throughly enjoyed it. I now know what my car and I are in for in the future. I appreciate and enjoyed all the ride alongs that I got to do with a few of the other drivers and would like to maybe have some of them drive my car to reassure me that it is my skill which is lacking and not the car.

I've got a little work to do on my alignment and figuring something out to keep the rear end planted. I did my 2 fun runs and bested my time both times. I noticed that my last run was the smoothest all day and that I was able to control the car a little better and shaved off almost a second.

I know that seat time is my best friend for this season. And I'll be hoping to ride with many of you at each event so that you can show me the way. And hopefully get a few of you to ride with me and critique what I'm doing. During my fun runs I was able to finally find some better lines and that also came from riding with a few of you. As a passenger I feel I have more time to look at the track and feel it than when I'm actually driving.

Again thanks for everything from everyone. And I'll see you next month.

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:52 pm

That.... Is a perfect Location!!!
And the course Design was very very good.

...the Aveo, Not an autocrosser... :lol:

...BTW, Aveo's have Steering Hydro Lock.... There where moments of Resistance in the transitions on the slalom... :?
speed is relative... ...but the feeling is absolute

g3joshua

Post by g3joshua » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:51 am

Got to say thanks to everyone for being so friendly. This, too, was my first out for AutoX and I have to say it is addictive. Got a couple of things to do to my car before next month (which I am going to try my best to make it up to springfield for).

Can't wait to see someone post some pictures of the event!
Nah, Just a Nerd!

donnah

Post by donnah » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:41 am

Just a little post event report here - this was a GREAT event! Faced with ~35% MORE participants than expected (70 to 94!!!!!), this group coordinated the adjustments with smiles & accommodating attitudes. It could have been terribly ugly but y'all managed the "dilemma" in an amazing manner.

It was a FUN FUN FUN course - whoever designed it...hope you're involved with the Divisional event (hint..hint) - "Sparky" was thrilled to be able stretch his legs again after a LONG winter! I had enough adrenalin pumping at the end of my runs to whoop & holler a bit --- quite out of character for me!!!!

The OMR Divisional is going to be great! The other regions in the MiDiv need to know that not only will they be delighted with the site, but the hospitality & attitudes they'll be shown will put the icing on the weekend cake.

THANK YOU - JIM, MATT & CURTIS and EVERYONE who worked to make this inaugural event a tremendous success! KUDOS to OMR! You guys are awesome. Am thrilled that you'll be hosting one of the Divisional events!

Thanks again for a great day! :D :D :D
Donna Hill
Midwest Division Solo Steward

27 FML Yarno the 79 Red Devil
53 HSL Sparky the 07 Mini

Rogue_Wulff

Post by Rogue_Wulff » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:59 am

The site was awesome, as was the course. I am so looking forward to getting back up there in July.
I had too much fun for it to have been legal. Thanks for letting me join you guys for a great event, and I hope to make a few more OMR events in the future.

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:02 am

Course was the work of Jim Rowland and I agree first rate.

While a lot of people helped with the event, Matt Gilson, Matt Longpine, and Jim Rowland, not only were the last to leave Crowder Sunday, but were there getting things in order the Saturday afternoon and evening before. as well.

Curtis Wood
OMR-SCCA-RE
Curtis Wood
OMR-RE
curtisATthiscrazygarageDOTcom

magilson

Post by magilson » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:33 pm

Results have been posted for OMR SCCA points event #1.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:39 pm

Thanks Matt.

I was worried I was about to lose my job.
My boss said if I got outrun by an Aveo I was fired. :(
Whew :)