Auto Cross Points event #1, March 22nd@ Crowder in Neosho!

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Why T

Post by Why T » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:48 pm

magilson wrote:Results have been posted for OMR SCCA points event #1.
Just so you know at the very bottom where it says "Top Times of The Day" you have Mark Hill in AS running a 30.1

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:48 pm

OH SNAP! :shock:

ST:
Matthew Longpine 41.053
Clint Case 41.100
Ed Hall 41.635
Chris Simons 41.756

Not a second in it!!!

Good Class! :D
speed is relative... ...but the feeling is absolute

magilson

Post by magilson » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:55 pm

Why T wrote:
magilson wrote:Results have been posted for OMR SCCA points event #1.
Just so you know at the very bottom where it says "Top Times of The Day" you have Mark Hill in AS running a 30.1
That's his time after having been "corrected" by the pax multiplier.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

Why T

Post by Why T » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:17 pm

I realized that after I had posted. Didn't know that those were PAX times down there and thought that they were RAW.

All is good.

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:02 pm

Matt,
I want you to DQ me for the event. :(

I was talking with Chris and remembered I had not swapped out the adjustable upper A frames in the Civic. After reading the rules to solidify my error I am now unsure if adj. A frames are legal or not but ...
D. Alternate steering wheels are allowed except that steering wheels with an integral airbag may not be changed.

My 92 Civic VX was OEM equiped witha DS Airbag in the steering and I replaced the wheel 2 years ago before Nationals. It was/is legal in FSP but not ST.

My apologies peoples. :oops:
Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:28 am

Matt,
I want you to DQ me for the event. Sad

I was talking with Chris and remembered I had not swapped out the adjustable upper A frames in the Civic. After reading the rules to solidify my error I am now unsure if adj. A frames are legal or not but ...

Quote:
D. Alternate steering wheels are allowed except that steering wheels with an integral airbag may not be changed.

My 92 Civic VX was OEM equiped witha DS Airbag in the steering and I replaced the wheel 2 years ago before Nationals. It was/is legal in FSP but not ST.

My apologies peoples. Embarassed
I think that you might be being a tad harsh on yourself Ed, we are all human and trust me you are not the only one that has made a mistake when classing their car. I know of a few mis-classed cars in the last year (wasn't there a Mustang in FSP once?) and they have been adjusted into the correct class, meaning you would get put into FSP from the sound of it. In fact there is an appeal process if you think that a car didn't meet the qualifications for their class (reporting your appeal to the Event Chair within a day of the event I believe). I can't be sure but would think if you would send an email to the event chair, he would consider this as an official appeal and this could get resolved without you getting DQ'd.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:40 am

True enough Matt that it sounds harsh but ... a rule is a rule.
I have always prided myself in running legal or atleast speaking with everyone in my class to make sure there was no problems if something was not correct.

The major events hold people to them even the lame ones that really offer no major advantages. With the Divisional up coming, folks need to be aware that anything and everything can be scrutinized. Most the time teh Divisionals are not as rule psycho as the National Tours or Championships but there is the option that they can be.

Case in point is that crappy little Ford ZX2 spoiler I have bolted to my hatch. It is OK for ST but is illegal in FSP. Why? Because wings are not allowed. I was told by the SCCA main tech man that the add on spoiler for the SS Camaros makes the car illegal by the rules because it can get air underneath it and it is a factory package and since there is a 3/4" airgap under my crappy spoiler it would be ruled as a wing if protested.

These reasons are why I doubt I will ever venture back into the main arena SCCA Solo and will just stay in local regions when I get the urge to run again. :D
Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:12 pm

Being the only person that would have been affected by this, I gracefully decline this motion to be DQ'd for Ed.

I love getting beat by a few milliseconds! And thought it was a perfect race!
speed is relative... ...but the feeling is absolute