AutoCross Points Event #2, Price Cutter Park, Ozark!

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

AutoXChris

AutoCross Points Event #2, Price Cutter Park, Ozark!

Post by AutoXChris » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:56 pm

What: Auto Cross Points event #2

Date: Sunday April 12th,, 2009

Take US 65 to Exit CC/J, and head to the first stoplight on the East side of the overpass. Turn right at Lambert's Cafe, and go South. Bear right as the road curves past the antiques mall, and follow it a short distance to the site.

Time:
8:00am - Registration opens
10:00am - Registration closes
10:15am - Drivers meeting
10:30am - Timed runs begin.

**In an effort to speed up registration please Pre-Register!**
Pre-Register Here:http://omrsolo2.org/index.php?option=co ... &Itemid=66

Show up early to help setup and beat the registration rush and you have a better chance of picking what you do and when you do it!
late registrants run a risk of being assigned were they work and when they run!

Entry Fees:
-$20 for current SCCA Members (Valid Driver's Liscense and current SCCA ID MANDATORY. There will be no exceptions!)
-$35 for a temporary Weekend Membership. Either temporary or full-time membership is required by SCCA Headquarters this year for event participation! $15 of that fee will be "banked" towards a full-time SCCA membership for each Weekend Membership purchased up to a total of $30 in a 60-day period.

* Everyone entering the site must sign a release and waiver form

Auto Cross is a Time Trial type of Competition. One car goes against the clock against other cars in its class. We set up cones in an road race style course with Slolams, Hair Pins, Straights, Braking Thresholds, and Skid Pads. Runs Usually last 39-65 seconds depending on the course allowing 4-6 runs per driver per day. The course is different every time and new course designs or designers are always welcome. No special cars needed, simply pass tech, grab a helmet and find the limits of yourself, your car & your tires.

The Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) is a Car Club that gets gatherings of gear heads of all types involved in many types of motorsports... Road Racing, Rally, Autocross, Hill Climbs, Track Days, Etc ... and the Ozark Mountain Region (OMR) is a local group of gear heads that make it possible for us to have events locally !

... one more for good measure!
speed is relative... ...but the feeling is absolute

JimR

Post by JimR » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:42 pm

Programming notes:

- Pre-registration makes the event go faster, and makes you stand in line less. I'm signing up tonight. See the link posted above.

- All the trouble spots at Ducks Stadium have been repaired with smooth, level blacktop. Looking good.

See you there. 8)
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

JimR

Post by JimR » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:18 am

Okay, that brings us up to 16 pre-registered as of Thursday morning. :?

Pre-registration makes everyone's life easier on autocross Sunday. How serious are we?

Starting with the June event, pre-registration will be a $5 discount for SCCA members. At the same time, the fee for walk-up SCCA member registrations will increase to $25. In other words, if you want to continue paying $20 - a smoking deal, considering our own sanction/insurance costs this season - get in the habit of pre-registering now!

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:54 pm

17 and counting we need to meet a minimum # (it was 25 last year not sure about now) of entrants to hold an event. Also MAKE SURE YOU ARE CHECKING THE PREVIOUSLY USED #'S http://omrsolo2.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=878. If someone is already using a # then it is their's for the year, you will not be able to use that car number.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

nevr2qk

looking for a ride

Post by nevr2qk » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:33 am

I'm a NeOkla member that will be in town this weekend. Is anyone interested in a co-driver for Sunday?

I do have some seat time in all drivetrain layouts and have previously co-driven with the Vogels, Greg Reno, and others.

Hitting the road in a bit, so the best way to catch me will probably be the cell. 918.810.7498.

Thanks,
Brock

JimR

Post by JimR » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:13 am

I know Brock well, and would have him co-drive with me if I weren't already sharing a car. Give him a shout if you want someone with driving experience, either for the challenge or driving pointers.

mulkio

Post by mulkio » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:38 am

Have we met the minimum ? Is EVENT # 2 going to happen ?

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:50 am

Yes, it's a go. We don't have to have 25 pre-registered to go forward. Typically we have about twice as many entrants total as we have pre-registered. Tomorrow should be a fun, well attended SOLO. I am not aware that OMR has ever had to cancel an event due to lack of participation.

The $5 discount to be offered for pre-registration, in the future, is just to make things easier. The biggest job, and most likely thing to hold things up on event day is getting all the registration information entered, so the first car can run. If everybody pre-registered, and everybody showed up early, we could probably all have an extra run.
Curtis Wood
OMR-RE
curtisATthiscrazygarageDOTcom

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:54 am

Oh, and plan on having your drivers liscense and membership card out and ready when you register. We were recently called for not being as diligent as we should have been on this. It is a requirement for our insurance and sanction.
Curtis Wood
OMR-RE
curtisATthiscrazygarageDOTcom

magilson

Post by magilson » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:56 am

A note about the weather:

We will hold our event, even in rain, unless severe weather is reported, lighting is spotted, or the rain is falling hard enough to make it difficult to see.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

nevr2qk

Post by nevr2qk » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:27 pm

JimR wrote:I know Brock well, and would have him co-drive with me if I weren't already sharing a car. Give him a shout if you want someone with driving experience, either for the challenge or driving pointers.
Thanks for the props Jim! I saw the entry count but didn't find an entry list to see if anyone else I knew was attending. The Jasans are out.

Brock

magilson

Post by magilson » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:52 pm

Nicholas S SM 5
Stan B SM 34
Forrest T GS 17
robert b SM 27
Terence C SM 555
Mike H AS 119
Rebecca W ASL 19
Jennifer S STL 60
Bud W FS 90
Jim R FSP 36
Cecil N BS 71
Matthew G DSP 53
Clark F SS 71
Bob H FSP 35
dave a XP 58
Jeanie C FS 154
Jefferson C FS 54
Jason M SM 1
Sara H ESP 178
Justin H ESP 78
john p SSM 3
Kyle J XP 74
Matthew L ST 76
Lonnie B CS 14
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

JimR

Post by JimR » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:07 pm

Some rain seems to be a given. The forecast gives no indications that severe weather could threaten until later in the day. Since this isn't NASCAR, we'll be running if it's wet!

I'll be there at the sharp end of the morning to help set up.

Why T

Post by Why T » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:17 pm

When do you guys usually show up to start setting up?

magilson

Post by magilson » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:05 pm

7 AM
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI