June Divisional question

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Gmcnabb

June Divisional question

Post by Gmcnabb » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:58 pm

I have never attended a Divisional event and was wondering if someone would describe how the Divisional event will be run?

How many runs do we expect each day?

How is the timing done? Is there a Total for each day or one combined total for both days.

If you can only run one day, is it worth entering?

What is the cost?

Any other data that a newbie would need.

Thanks for the help.
Gregg M

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:53 pm

Gregg,

The ones I have attended usually only allow 3 runs per day.
I expect OMR to be able to swing 4 but that is up to the powers-that-be. :)

The best times are added to determine the winner of the weekend.
The Divisionals before had the scores posted on a board for teh driver's to review to see where they stand after each run.

Not ever attended only one day of a two day event so not sure how that would work. Doubt it would be worth it for only one day.

The divisionals ranged from $60-$90 with a current SCCA membership.
Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing

Gmcnabb

divisional

Post by Gmcnabb » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:23 pm

Thanks Ed!

Lynn

Post by Lynn » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:47 pm

Midwest Divisionals are usually four runs each day, but it depends on the number of entries. The location is also a factor. The recent divisional at Blytherville was six runs on Sunday due the small number of entries and three on Sunday because Blytheville is so remote and because of the weather. I expect the only divisional this year to have three runs each day to be at Lincoln. Since it is the new site of the Nationals, the entry level will be very high.

JimR

Post by JimR » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:44 pm

All the divisionals last year had four runs each day, aside from St. Louis. A high turnout and epic rains kept them at three per day.

The size of the Crowder site, anticipated turnout, and time of year should allow us to run four each day comfortably. I'm not going to push for any more due to the typical weather in July. If it looks like we're finishing the heats rapidly, fun runs on Saturday is probably the direction we'd go for some extra seat time to those who want it.

Divisionals require pre-registration, start earlier than a regional, and run efficiently. Most divisionals could probably pack in 5-6 runs each day, but instead avoid finishing late. Saturday evening has the banquet and Sunday course setup, and we want to finish earlier on Sunday as a courtesy to those with long drives out of region.

Right now we're working up the region's costs to host. Neosho is a reasonably priced area, and nothing suggests we'll have entry fees any higher than other divisionals.

Everything looks great so far. Novice or veteran, you'll want to make this one.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD