OMR Divisional Worker Chiefs - Volunteers Needed!

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

JimR

Post by JimR » Sun May 31, 2009 10:57 pm

Thanks to Bobby for taking up the SSS Chief role.

That leaves Chief of Workers as the last big spot to fill. It's going to require you working at the beginning of all the heats, but that's pretty much your whole job for the weekend. Find out who the no-shows are, make sure everything's covered, and then get workers called and in position before cars roll.

Chief of Equipment is probably going to be covered by regulars. I'm kind of volunteering myself, Curtis, and Matt G. on this one.

Additional volunteers to help at registration, set up at the banquet, and help guide novices also appreciated. I can't promise full-time worker positions until we see the final turnout, but I won't turn away the help!
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

JimR

Post by JimR » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:19 pm

JimR wrote:That leaves Chief of Workers as the last big spot to fill. It's going to require you working at the beginning of all the heats, but that's pretty much your whole job for the weekend. Find out who the no-shows are, make sure everything's covered, and then get workers called and in position before cars roll.
If I don't get any takers soon, I will offer it out of region.

Bullitt2954

Re: OMR Divisional Worker Chiefs - Volunteers Needed!

Post by Bullitt2954 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:20 am

JimR wrote: If you'd like to read it, the MiDiv has an operations manual that is the basis for what I've outlined below.
http://tqy.dvti.com/midivsolo.org/Porta ... MANUAL.pdf
Jim, the above link won't let me view the pdf - asking for name and password.

If nobody else really wants to do it, I s'pose I'll take the last job. Just let me find my Bullwhip and my "How to keep Serfs and Cornerworkers in Line for Dummies" manual, and I'll be Good to Go..............

(that is, if me not being-able to make it to the site very early Friday evening isn't a problem)
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:48 am

Yeah, I guess I'll do it.

Put me down for two boxes of each - the Thin Mints and the Pecan Sandies.

(for some reason, PM isn't working at my end)

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

JimR

Post by JimR » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:38 pm

Ha, thanks. Got you down.

m3kerry

Post by m3kerry » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:55 pm

Jim, I plan on coming and will help where needed.
98 m3
03 330i
formerly former_d1
www.autocrosstraining.com

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:06 pm

Hey everyone, we are getting close to the time and I need to ask for help with setup/registration on Friday. We need someone that could be there by about 3pm on Friday to help with the physical setup of registration and tech areas, and then be there through the evening until registration closes at 9pm. I am sure that we will have another person or 2 floating around the registration room that could step in to spot you, and this will give you the chance to walk the course.

Experience with registration would be nice but it is not required as we can show you what to do. So if you are available and willing to help please post here or PM me.

Thanks.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

JimR

Post by JimR » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:36 am

Competitors will be arriving from all over the place late afternoon on Friday through dark. We'll need coverage throughout the evening. Matt and our divisional Solo chief, Donna Hill, will be on hand during registration. Sam and Bob will be doing tech.

If anyone can hang out and help for a few hours, let us know. That would give them breaks to walk the course and so forth.

Registration and tech will take place in the classroom building by the small blacktop lot about half a block from the site. The building is air-conditioned.

Korry and I will be working on course setup. If you happen to have the afternoon off, we won't turn you away, either. Not only course has to go up, but traffic/crowd barriers, grid, signs, corner stations, and water stations.

The Huff

Post by The Huff » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:57 pm

Sara & I can be there around 3:00 to help out, unless I get lost again, it may be later. :?
Justin Huffman
Asst. R.E.

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:54 pm

Jeanie sez she'll be there sometime in the afternoon. I'll be there later that evening, after work.

stanbell

Post by stanbell » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:52 pm

Jim, I'll help Justin on grid, but I can be available to tech on friday, anytime after about 8am. (can't stand to get up too early)

mulkio

Post by mulkio » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:44 pm

I'll be there around 3:00pm also.

JimR

Post by JimR » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:22 am

Thanks to everyone who can help. Friday evening should go just fine.

I have a small collection of tasks on Saturday that we could use a little help with.

- Saturday early tech/registration. We will have a number of people arriving early on Saturday by appointment for tech and registration. Having an extra person to help probably wouldn't hurt.
Contact point: Matt L., Registrar

- Novice walk-through. If we have any new drivers at the divisional, we want to give them plenty of guidance. Can you lead the walk-through?
Contact point: Me

- Early afternoon, before 2:00 PM, the Crowder caterers will need to get into the Neosho Civic. Opening the building, and helping set up tables and chairs. I will work this out details on Monday with Doreen, the Civic manager. Maybe a non-competitor or spouse could help?

- At some point in the afternoon, someone will need to move the new "SCCA --->" signs I made from Crowder to Neosho Blvd./McCord St. and Spring St./Jefferson St. intersections.

- Post-banquet tear-down. We have to put the tables and chairs back on their racks before we leave the building.

- Course readiness. We need to keep all of our corner and water stations stocked with water and ice throughout the weekend. An extra set of hands to keep an eye on these wouldn't hurt.
Contact point: Korry, Chief of Course