OMRSCCA Solo2 Event #3 :: 5/24/09 :: Ducks @ Ozark

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

JimR

OMRSCCA Solo2 Event #3 :: 5/24/09 :: Ducks @ Ozark

Post by JimR » Tue May 12, 2009 8:32 pm

OMRSCCA Solo2 Event #3
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Ducks Stadium in Ozark, Missouri

After the wash-out at our April event, OMR is back at Ducks Stadium in Ozark for our third autocross of the season on Sunday, May 24th. Thanks to recent asphalt repairs to the lot, our Ducks events will be back on top form.

Event #3 information
Please read the front page of the Ozark Region website.
-->http://www.omrscca.org/

Cost
$20 SCCA Members (current SCCA ID required)
$35 Non-members
Be ready to show a valid driver's license.

Pre-register! Pre-register! Pre-register!
Pre-registration makes the event run far more quickly and smoothly for both you and the trailer. Reminder: if you are not a SCCA member, type "non-member" in the blank for "membership number."
-->Event #3 Pre-registration

Be on time!
Registration closes at 10:00AM, so be there early. If you are late, you are out of luck.

Important links:
- List of available car numbers
- Event Information
- Novice Guide

Reminders for the 2009 season:
- OMRSCCA's timing and scoring software is set up for exclusive numbers, regardless of class. Please check the list of available numbers before you pre-register.
- Potential passengers must fill out a SCCA weekend membership form. There will be no charge to ride as passenger, but this is required as part of our SCCA sanction for 2009.
- Everyone under age 18 must have a SCCA Minor Wavier signed by parents/guardians to be on site. The form must be notarized or signatures witnessed by the trailer or a member of OMRSCCA's board of directors or Solo committee. See the Event Information page for details.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

We'll see you there! 8)
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

meotch17

Post by meotch17 » Sun May 17, 2009 3:24 pm

Hey I preregistered under the wrong number. I am CS70 and I accidentally put CS71 on my preregistration from. Mitchell SWanson Green mr2 spyder
Member#405632
sorry about that mistake
Mitchell Swanson
Green 2001 MR-2

JimR

Post by JimR » Tue May 19, 2009 2:21 pm

Shouldn't be a problem. We'll make sure it's changed in our file.

See you there.

Ironhead

Post by Ironhead » Fri May 22, 2009 6:44 pm

Can I volunteer for Tech?
Korry
1996 Camaro Z28 - 96 ESP
Simple and crude, but effective. The car too.

JimR

Post by JimR » Fri May 22, 2009 7:10 pm

Tech is good. I support the spirit of volunteerism. 8)

Ironhead

Post by Ironhead » Sat May 23, 2009 5:53 pm

Can someone volunteer to clear this rain out of here? :x
Korry
1996 Camaro Z28 - 96 ESP
Simple and crude, but effective. The car too.

Azonic

Post by Azonic » Sat May 23, 2009 6:06 pm

Ironhead wrote:Can I volunteer for Tech?
I would be happy to help with tech also...

I will there early...

markyf

Post by markyf » Sun May 24, 2009 4:47 pm

Great event today. Organized well, 6 runs, lots of cars, nice, flowing course that wasn't unneccessarily tight, it was great fun. Whoever set up the course today can do our Midiv setup.
Mark F
'99 Firebird Formula 6-speed hardtop ESP
'99 Trans Am WS6 6-speed black ragtop ESP
'69 Z28 silver/black DZ302 4-speed SOLD

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Sun May 24, 2009 5:19 pm

Mark,

Jim Rowland designed today's course and he will be designing the divisional course. So in addition to having an incredible run today (wow!) your wish will come true !
Curtis Wood
OMR-RE
curtisATthiscrazygarageDOTcom

Why T

Post by Why T » Sun May 24, 2009 5:54 pm

I had a great time today guys. This was my 2nd event with OMR and first in Springfield. I really enjoyed the course as I really never needed my brakes I was actually running out of engine in a lot of it.

One question though. Where and the hell was everyone DNFing? I understand when it was raining and nobody could keep the car on the track but it happened all day.

JimR

Post by JimR » Sun May 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Great day, and I hope the NALM crew had fun. If you helped any extra today beyond your work assignment, you are the reason we can have a healthy turnout, lunch break, and have lots of runs without driving until dark. I appreciate your help.

Not even counting our NALM guests, we had four states represented. I hope that bodes well for future events, especially our Neosho divisional July 11-12.

The course flowed and paced quickly, had generous width and line choice, and put a good mix of car types towards the top of PAX.

I'm not sure what was going on with the DNFs. A couple dozen DNFs out of 300+ runs. We had as many pointers out there as we could without giving the unreadable "sea of cones" effect. The visual gaps and gotchas were fairly well filled, and there was more space between course elements than many of my courses (intent: easier to read).

I'm hoping the DNFs were cases of people driving off the nose of the car in fast transition, then realizing they're on top of the next gate without enough whoa. I did that to myself once, and skipped a gate to avoid mowing it down. The lot shape and remaining rough spots at Ducks will always demand a lot of transition, offset, and slaloms. A square site has the luxury of more elbows and sweepers that are easier to make flow into each other. Keeping up with directional changes will always be a challenge of using Ducks.

m3kerry

Post by m3kerry » Sun May 24, 2009 8:17 pm

I had a great time. The course flowed well. OMR is lucky to have Jim designing course. Hope everyone comes over to Blytheville next week.

Here is my in car video with the MAXQ unit from today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M00VqyF6iBU
98 m3
03 330i
formerly former_d1
www.autocrosstraining.com

redazz

Post by redazz » Sun May 24, 2009 9:02 pm

great course today,really had to saty ahead of it when it got damp. :shock: great fun .
good job omr

john

mulkio

Post by mulkio » Mon May 25, 2009 8:48 am

[quote="Why T"]

One question though. Where and the hell was everyone DNFing? I understand when it was raining and nobody could keep the car on the track but it happened all day.[/quote]

My DNF came when my back end came around too much on the right hander down the hill, by the time I caught it I had to skip the next gate(offset to the left). I saw alot of people in the first heat miss it.

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Mon May 25, 2009 9:00 am

Why T wrote:One question though. Where and the hell was everyone DNFing? I understand when it was raining and nobody could keep the car on the track but it happened all day.
I was on Corner #2 in the 2nd Heat, and the majority of DNF's I called were for the last gate before the "turnaround". If you'll look at m3kerry's vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M00VqyF6iBU right at the 17 to 18-second spot in the video - people were zigging right, instead of zagging left.

I did it myself once (in the 1st Heat), and wouldn't even have known it if I hadn't a passenger that saw what I'd done, and told me at the end of the run. In fact, even knowing that - I nearly did it again the NEXT time - only, did a little "loop-d-loo" and went back for it (and that seemed to cause a bit of consternation amongst the Corner Captains as to whether or not I was DNF, I was told later - my apologies, guys).

The next most-frequently DNF'd spot I called was at the 14 second spot: Again, people were going to the right of the gate, instead of left as m3kerry demonstrates. Note the 3 pointer-cones visible at 13-seconds.
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."