OMRSCCA Solo2 Event #4 :: 6/21/09 :: Ducks @ Ozark

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

JimR

OMRSCCA Solo2 Event #4 :: 6/21/09 :: Ducks @ Ozark

Post by JimR » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:12 am

OMRSCCA Solo2 Event #4
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Ducks Stadium in Ozark, Missouri

After our successful return to Ducks in May, we're following it up with our monthly event in June.

Cost
Be ready to show a valid driver's license.

$20 SCCA Members (current SCCA ID required)
$35 Non-members

Non-members: $35 covers a temporary SCCA Weekend Membership. Either temporary or full-time membership is required for participation by the SCCA Headquarters. $15 of that fee will be "banked" towards a full-time SCCA membership for each Weekend Membership purchased up to a total of $30 in a 60-day period.

Car Numbers and Classes
Car Numbers are exclusive for the 2009 season, meaning only one person is allowed to run a number during the entire year no matter what class you are in (e.g. Car number 76 Matt L in ST, you would not be able to use 76 even if you ran a different class).

- Current numbers in use

To help determine your car's class, please visit our Cars and Rules page and read the SCCA 2009 Solo Rules. If you still have questions, please ask them in The Pits section of our forums.

Pre-register! Pre-register! Pre-register!
Pre-registration makes the event run far more quickly and smoothly for both you and the trailer. Reminder: if you are not a SCCA member, type "non-member" in the blank for "membership number." Pre-registration closes at 11:59 PM on the Friday before the event.
-->Event #4 Pre-registration

Be on time!
Registration closes at 10:00AM, so be there early. Last-minute walk-up registrations delay the event for all. Furthermore, if you are late, you are out of luck. No excuses, no stories. We will not hold up the event for everyone else.

Lunch
Pizza will be catered between the first and second heats. Shortening the changeover between our two heats has helped us achieve the goal of allowing six runs per entrant.

Important links:
- List of available car numbers
- Event Information
- Novice Guide
If you have not run with OMR before, please read these links.

Reminders for the 2009 season:
- OMRSCCA's timing and scoring software is set up for exclusive numbers, regardless of class. Please check the list of available numbers before you pre-register.
- Potential passengers must fill out a SCCA weekend membership form. There will be no charge to ride as passenger, but this is required as part of our SCCA sanction for 2009.
- Everyone under age 18 must have a SCCA Minor Wavier signed by parents/guardians to be on site. The form must be notarized or signatures witnessed by the trailer or a member of OMRSCCA's board of directors or Solo committee. See the Event Information page for details.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

We'll see you there! 8)
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

JimR

Post by JimR » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:08 pm

Sunday, June 21 pre-registration is go.

http://www.omrscca.org/index.php?option ... &Itemid=66

JimR

Post by JimR » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:51 am

Pre-registration is especially important if you have not run with OMR this year. If you don't, the trailer has to start with a clean slate and enter 100% manually. The line moves faster and the event starts earlier if you get your information to us beforehand.

This is the last regional event where SCCA members can get away without pre-registering and still pay $20. Beginning in August, it will be $25 for walk-up SCCA entrants, and $20 for pre-registered.

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:03 am

JimR wrote:This is the last regional event where SCCA members can get away without pre-registering and still pay $20. Beginning in August, it will be $25 for walk-up SCCA entrants, and $20 for pre-registered.
Does this also mean $35 for non-SCCA Pre Regs and $40 for non-SCCA walk-ups?

Ironhead

Post by Ironhead » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:56 am

Pre-registered.

I'll also volunteer for Tech again.
Korry
1996 Camaro Z28 - 96 ESP
Simple and crude, but effective. The car too.

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:47 pm

Unstable wrote:
JimR wrote:This is the last regional event where SCCA members can get away without pre-registering and still pay $20. Beginning in August, it will be $25 for walk-up SCCA entrants, and $20 for pre-registered.
Does this also mean $35 for non-SCCA Pre Regs and $40 for non-SCCA walk-ups?
Eddie, You have it right. For non-members $25 entry + $15 weekend membership = $40 -$5 preregistration discount = $35.

As a reminder to everyone buying weekend memberships there is a time limit in which the whole $15 weekend membership or $30 two weekend membership fee can be applied to a annual membership. I think it is 60 days.

Curtis
Curtis Wood
OMR-RE
curtisATthiscrazygarageDOTcom

mulkio

Post by mulkio » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:22 pm

I pre-registered, but did not recieve e-mail conformation. 6/15/09
Did it go through???? Jason Mulkey SM 1

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:00 pm

BONE-SAW is RED-EEE!
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:45 pm

mulkio wrote:I pre-registered, but did not recieve e-mail conformation. 6/15/09
Did it go through???? Jason Mulkey SM 1
Jason, OMR actually won't start the pre-registration price changes until the August event, but thanks for alerting us to the problem and thanks to all that pre-register. I will make sure that you are pre-registered for this event. I got my confirmation email, but am wondering if anyone else is having this problem. If you did not receive your confirmation email please post here.

While the site is back up (after going down while some work was done to it) I wouldn't say that it is 100% yet. The Forums seem to be as good as always, but the homepage and articles linked from there still have some issues. Besides all of the  characters that have shown up arbitrarily throughtout the site one thing that is suffering is the omrscca.org regional pre-registration (the divisional pre-registration is fine since we had to use myautoevents.com). The 2 people that know enough about the site to fix it also have incredibly busy schedules at the moment and haven't had the time to fix the last few problems yet. When they do get a chance to repair it there should be a posting on the forums.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

mulkio

Post by mulkio » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:16 am

Thanks Matt. :D

Ironhead

Post by Ironhead » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:41 am

SilverYota wrote:If you did not receive your confirmation email please post here.
I don't believe I received a confirmation for Sunday's event. Registered yesterday.
Korry
1996 Camaro Z28 - 96 ESP
Simple and crude, but effective. The car too.

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:06 pm

Ironhead wrote:I don't believe I received a confirmation for Sunday's event. Registered yesterday.
Jonathan got the registration email working again yesterday evening so all future pre-registrations should work fine (we still cannot post annoucements to the home page though) . In the process of fixing the email so I could get to it, the first 16 people that pre-registered for this Sundays event were lost. I think Korry would have probably been just about the last person that wasn't caught. If you were one of the first 16 people that pre-registered and have already run an event this year please just post your name here as I can find your info easily, so far I have Korry and Jason taken care of. Luke, Don, and Jacob were the first 3 that registered after it was working.

So basically if you pre-registered before Wednesday afternoon and have not run with our club this year it would be helpful if you could please pre-register again. If you have run with the OMR this season just put your Car # or name here and I will take care the rest.

We are all sorry for the inconvenience, but are hopeful that the last couple of issues with the website are fixed soon.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

The Huff

Post by The Huff » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:38 pm

Matt,
Sara & I pre-registered.
Justin
Justin Huffman
Asst. R.E.

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:43 pm

Jeanie and I pre-registered, I think we were #'s 12 and 13, 'cuz the counter said there were 11 registered when I put us down (but we each got an email confirming it).

She's 154, I'm 54. F-Stock.

Ninja Edit: BTW I got your voicemail (I'm at work right now and coverage is spotty inside the Mill). By the time I got where I could call you back, I figured it's a bit too late and didn't want to disturb you.

I think we've got it worked-out now, thanks a Million!
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

redazz

Post by redazz » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:13 am

john powell red corvette #3 mem#388391