St. Louis 4th of July Charity Solo

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Lynn

St. Louis 4th of July Charity Solo

Post by Lynn » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:07 pm

The St. Louis Region will be having a Solo for charity on the Fourth of July. This event is in honor of Nicholas Sotiropoulos, who lost a long and brave battle with childhood cancer. Nicholas was the son of Tom and the sister of Sarah, two of our members.

We will start in the late afternoon. We will be having free soft drinks, watermelon and maybe ice cream. After the competition runs we will break to watch the fireworks show in downtown STL. The show will be visible from Gateway's drag strip grandstands. After the fireworks, we will be having fun runs for $1 per run. The proceeds will be going to a charity chosen by Tom and Sarah. A portion of the entry fee will also be sent to this charity.

We hope that some of our friends from the Ozark Mountain Region will be able to come join us.

Details of the event can be found here.
Last edited by Lynn on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:48 pm

Thanks for posting that here, Lynn. I saw it the other day on the STL forums, thought it looked like a really great event. Jeanie likes the idea too. And, a fairly easy drive from Southwest MO.

You can count on at least Jeanie and myself coming from OMR.

-Scott
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

4wdrift

Post by 4wdrift » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:11 pm

Don't know if I can make it but we will try as relatives (ie: a place to sleep) live in south county. If the X/P L-88 'vette is up to it, I'll let the little foreign cars roast me on the track! (At least I make more noise!)
go fast,........avoid orange bumps!!!