OMR Points Event #5 @ Ducks 8/16/09

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Bullitt2954

OMR Points Event #5 @ Ducks 8/16/09

Post by Bullitt2954 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:15 pm

What? Is nobody gonna go to this thing? Only 8 registered as of tonite! (Fri)

http://www.omrscca.org/index.php?option ... individual
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

mulkio

Post by mulkio » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:30 pm

I'll be there as usual, just not sure what class I'm going to run.
If I get my new hood this week, off with the rear swaybar and back to B stock. I've been planning this for a while, MIDIV Neosho speed up my plan. While competitive locally(not so much lately), without FI & hoosiers, my car is outgunned in SM. See you all sunday.
J. MULKEY
17 WRX
# 8 DS

JimR

Post by JimR » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:20 pm

Signed up.

Kart drivers note: the condition of Ducks may prevent construction of a course that is kart-legal. In the off chance that Randy or any other Kart drivers come, please message me in advance.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

RobertB

kart?

Post by RobertB » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:25 pm

I keep getting failed message while trying to PM you Jim.
I know it's not a kart, but I was planning to run in FM a 79 Red Devil (no suspension).
Would this present an issue?
01 Mustang GT

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:50 pm

I wouldn't think a Formula car would be (necessarily) any more "dangerous" than a standard car - as I understand it, the Kart rule is because there is NO protection against any object-intrusion on a Kart, and MUST have the 75' (min.) clearance.

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:58 pm

One thing I just thought of - I need to complete one more "session" with a Licensed SSS to complete my training to get my own license (preferrably the same SSS - Bud Weeks - as I trained under on my first session).

Jeanie also has not had anyone she could Apprentice-with to get her SSS License yet, either.

Any chance Bud will be the SSS for one of the Heats, and Jeanie could follow-around whomever will be the SSS for the other (and do so again before the season is over)?

Our trainer requested that we be Apprenticed to the same person (respectively) for both our training-sessions, as he would like to deal with a max of only two people when deciding whether or not to sign-off on our SSS Licenses (as he's from the Wichita, KS region).

JimR

Post by JimR » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:33 pm

Right, the 75-foot rule only applies to karts. Open-wheeled vehicles, including F440s, are fine per normal course design safety rules.

If more than two people have to sign off on your SSS apprenticeships, so be it. The need for qualified SSS is paramount, even if it causes inconvenience. We are spread thin for key assignments all the time, and any event SSS can sign off on the form for that event. Donna Hill, MiDiv Solo Steward, and Janice Rick, MiDiv SSS, both have met and know many members of OMRSCCA leadership.

We appreciate you two going (way) out of your way to become SSS certified, and we'll make it happen. Jeanie can apprentice with whoever is SSS this weekend.

markyf

Post by markyf » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:22 pm

Dani and I plan to be there. I can be SSS for the 1st heat and run the 2nd heat.
Mark F
'99 Firebird Formula 6-speed hardtop ESP
'99 Trans Am WS6 6-speed black ragtop ESP
'69 Z28 silver/black DZ302 4-speed SOLD

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:59 am

Looks like 31 pre-registered! Seems that in the past, it's been about 1:1 or so pre to walk-up, IIRC.

It's been a few weeks since we've been behind the wheel - and I'm Jonesin' for a fix............

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:00 pm

Check out the Results by following these links:

Final Results
Pax Results
Raw Time Results
Summary Resuts

Jeanie I know that I have you in the wrong class but I will fix that before next event.

THANK YOU to all that help so much with the set up and tear down of the trailer, and especially to Bobby Jason who put up a great course today.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:48 pm

SilverYota wrote:THANK YOU to all that help so much with the set up and tear down of the trailer, and especially to Bobby Jason who put up a great course today.
I'll say - some may not have liked that second slalom - but I really liked the challenge of trying to get that nose-heavy, pig of a Mustang to zig-zag in such a short distance........

Jeanie and I had a really Good Day - I'd not rather have been anywhere else today. Thank you All for a super-fun time. Double-thanks to Matt, Jim, Bobby, Curtis, (and anyone else I may be leaving-out that worked so hard to make this happen) and especially Bud and Roger for helping Jeanie and I to move-along with our SSS Licenses.

JimR

Post by JimR » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:07 pm

Bobby really stepped up and made this happen. Brought the trailer, then set up a course when I couldn't make it on time.

The condition of the pavement is obviously worse in spots than before, and that's a challenge for safe and enjoyable course design.

However, Brad Eldridge of Ducks Stadium was on hand and talked to some of us. The trucking school has an obligation to certain levels of maintenance, and they need to follow through. Hopefully we'll see a combination of repairs and more selective positioning of driving maneuvers. If not, we'll still want to continue a positive relationship with Ducks and eke out some events as the surface allows.

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:01 pm

It's important to understand that it cost more to have the average driveway resealed than what we pay, or can afford to pay, for the use of the stadium lot. Still Duck's management has always bent over backwards, been very responsive to anything we ask or need, and treated OMR SCCA like we were very important to them. Hopefully some repairs, will be made, before our next event there, even if it's less than the complete repaving we all dream about.

I was more concerned about the condition of the Duck's lot before I saw the great course Bobby put together for us. I would have enjoyed it, even if driving a "full" size car. We had good turnout at 50 or so entrants.

What would be great is options.....Anyone with lot ideas, or even better, lot ideas with contact info, please forward them to board@omrscca.org or call me at 417-849-4673.
Curtis Wood
OMR-RE
curtisATthiscrazygarageDOTcom