RallyX

SCCA technical discussions and classing discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

SykSVT

RallyX

Post by SykSVT » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:29 am

How would it work if I wanted to do RallyX with a club that supports it?

1) Join them also
2) Just show up to an event and pay a little more
3) Wish upon a star
4) ???????

Thanks Guys & Girls

Daniel
Old enough to know better, young enough to still do it!!

Ted Wells

St. Louis Region RallyX

Post by Ted Wells » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:55 am

In the past, St. Louis Region has run rallyx events in Southern Illinois; I assume they will continue to do so. Go to the St. Louis Region website - www.stlscca.org - and look for "Rallycross" in the right hand column.

Assuming you are an SCCA member, entering another Region's event should only cost you the standard entry fee. If you are not a member, you'll have to buy a "weekend membership" probably for $15. Works just like the entry fee policy at OMR-SCCA autocrosses.

Go to www.scca.com (the National website) and click on the "rally" tab; lots of rallycross info - like rules, car specs, safety requirements - will be found there.

Bullitt2954

Re: St. Louis Region RallyX

Post by Bullitt2954 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Ted Wells wrote:Assuming you are an SCCA member, entering another Region's event should only cost you the standard entry fee.
That's the way it worked when Jeanie and I did the July 4th Auto-X event with St. Louis last year.

STLSCCA is Good People - we had a lot of fun, and were never made to feel in even the slightest bit "unwelcome". Hopefully, they've all had similar experiences with us at the Divisional, and continue as such.
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

SykSVT

Post by SykSVT » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:05 pm

Thank You Scott and Ted. My end goal is full Rally but I want to try RallyX just to make sure I will like it and see if my car and I are on the same page. And yes I am an SCCA member so $15 is a great deal.

Daniel

Ted Wells

Clearing Up Misunderstanding

Post by Ted Wells » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:57 pm

Daniel -

When responding to your original post I apparently wasn't clear in my answer about rallycross entry fees.

I don't know what the entry fee is at a St. Louis Region rallycross, but, whatever it is, you, as an "out of region" SCCA member, will be charged the same fee as a St. Louis Region member. (However....non SCCA members wishing to enter the rallycross would have to buy a weekend membership for $15 IN ADDITION TO the standard entry fee.)

Hope that clears things up. Good luck.

Ted Wells

JimR

Post by JimR » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:40 pm

Right, SCCA membership rates apply no matter which region of the SCCA is holding the event.

Traveling beyond your home region is a great make friends and get extra seat time.

Despite being run much the same as Solo2 on dirt, RallyCross doesn't have the same following as Solo2. Maybe people don't like getting their performance cars dirty? Any region able to run a RallyCross program would be more than happy to have you.

Last year I know the Wichita Region up in Kansas also held some RallyCross events. You might keep an eye on their calendar.

http://www.wichitascca.org/RallyX.html
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

SykSVT

Post by SykSVT » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:19 pm

Thanks Ted. I understand what your saying now. I'm originally from MN and try to get 2-3 weeks of vacation time up there. So I will see if I can get some seat time also.

And Jim thank you for the Wichita link. I plan on getting my pretty car as dirty as possible.

Daniel

Lynn

Post by Lynn » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:57 pm

All St. Louis Region RallyCross events are held on the Green parking lot at Gateway International Raceway in Madison, IL. Dates are still being worked out, but there will be a National Challenge series round sometime in September.

Our RallyCross program is small, but the participants are very enthusiastic. You will be very welcome at our events.

SykSVT

Post by SykSVT » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:06 pm

Thanks Lynn I will keep checking the site. I did Google Map the GIR and also went to there site. I can't wait for the season to start.

Thank You-
Daniel

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:10 am

Those that like Rally-X, might be interested in this:

http://sccaforums.com/forums/thread/401901.aspx
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

Lynn

Post by Lynn » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:34 pm

There was a meeting last night about the St. Louis rally-x program. They have several new volunteers to help put on the events this year. So far, there are no dates, but they should have some soon.