toyo proxes?

SCCA technical discussions and classing discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

1nitroustracer

toyo proxes?

Post by 1nitroustracer » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Anyone put a set on a car in the 2400lb range? 195/50/15?
(THE ROTARY ENGINE.......................)
communism worked in theory also

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:42 pm

Well I ran 205/50/15 Proxes takeoffs on Pepe' that has a curb weight just under 2100 and I weigh 350 so I guess that meets your 2400. :shock: While they worked well just remember when they lose grip, they are a handful. Overall I preferred them to any other tire I ran in FSP. :D
Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing

flogger

Post by flogger » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:55 am

I'm assuming you're asking about R1Rs for use on your Tracer. That's probably the single fastest tire choice for your class/car for now, but there are some more models of possibly quicker tires rumored to be scheduled for release early next year. You're new to this. These types of rumors are common in the autocross world. Keep in mind that if you choose the R1R in 195/50/15, that's the one and only tire which is currently specifically excluded if you should decide to change classes and run RTFHS. IIRC, there aren't many mods done to your car, so I don't know if that's much of a possibility. Also, it's my understanding that the R1R benefits quite a bit from being run on wide rims, which might not be feasible for you. Last I looked, 195/50/15 R1Rs on 15x7.5 rims are the tire/wheel combo of choice for the "spec" Civics in STC, and they are so much quicker than anything else in their class it's a joke. The Civics are quicker for more reasons than just the tires, but those guys aren't messing around when it comes to tire choice. Those Civics weigh right around 2000 lbs., but they are driven successfully with co-drivers and at higher slip angles than I see you driving at. They should handle your 2400 lb. car without issue.

HTH
Scott Woosley

1nitroustracer

Post by 1nitroustracer » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:54 pm

Thanks Scott I went ahead and bought them as far as class goes I'm planning on staying where I'm at for now. If I engine swap strait to mod class if I go forced induction strait to mod class.
(THE ROTARY ENGINE.......................)
communism worked in theory also