May 3rd Novice Day?

SCCA technical discussions and classing discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

craigb

May 3rd Novice Day?

Post by craigb » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:33 pm

I'd like a little more info on the May 3rd Novice Day. What's the idea behind it? Can you attend just the Novice Day and not the race the next day (I have to work unless it rains)? Thanks for any info!
Craig

JimR

Post by JimR » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:37 am

The OMR crew is actually talking that right now.

I wouldn't expect both days to be mandatory, but there may be a cost incentive to attend both the school and the Solo. Someone may understandably not be able to make it on Sunday, but the idea would be to cement what you learned on Saturday at the regular event on Sunday.

The format will probably be like most regional Solo schools: a quick sit-down orientation, followed by a day of guided practice behind the wheel with local experienced autocrossers giving tips. There would be stations to practice various course elements, maybe a small practice course, etc.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

craigb

Post by craigb » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:43 am

Thanks for the info, Jim. Maybe I could talk dad into letting me have the 4th off to attend the race as well.
Craig

g3joshua

Post by g3joshua » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:54 pm

I am also very very interested in this. About time I figure out what I'm doing wrong...

You all plan on posting all the information up on the forums? Don't mean to seem impatient but it's 2 weeks away and I'm curious about pricing. Thanks a lot for putting something like this on for us novice drivers out there.
Nah, Just a Nerd!