Postdating/updating

SCCA technical discussions and classing discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

jeremiah89

Postdating/updating

Post by jeremiah89 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:59 am

Ok so I read in the rules that you can mix and match parts that are of newer and older models of the same car(correct me if thats wrong). Now that the new S2000 CR came out can I update to some of those items or does this count as a different car. For example use CR springs and do an A/C delete?

Ironhead

Re: Postdating/updating

Post by Ironhead » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:46 pm

jeremiah89 wrote:Ok so I read in the rules that you can mix and match parts that are of newer and older models of the same car(correct me if thats wrong). Now that the new S2000 CR came out can I update to some of those items or does this count as a different car. For example use CR springs and do an A/C delete?
We're talking Stock class right? Are there at least 1000 copies of the CR produced per year for sale in the US? If not, it isn't legal anywhere in Stock.

There's no update / backdate in Stock. That's in Street Prepared. There is, however, a provision in Stock for an option package conversion.

If there was an option package offered for the same year car as yours, you can convert your car to that package and be completely legal for Stock. The conversion must be done in absolute entirety though to be 100% legal. To the extent that if the option package had different stitching in the seats, then you also have to swap the seats. Might not get called on that sort of thing locally but you need to be aware of it.
Korry
1996 Camaro Z28 - 96 ESP
Simple and crude, but effective. The car too.

jeremiah89

Post by jeremiah89 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:47 pm

Thanks thats what I needed to know. :D
2007 Honda S2000 Red/Black