HS regulations...?

SCCA technical discussions and classing discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

drivehard

HS regulations...?

Post by drivehard » Thu May 15, 2008 9:42 am

Could someone tell me the HS regulations. I need to know what I can, and can't do to my integra. Mr. Roland, if you will.... :)
CRUX[kruks] 1. of perplexing difficulty. 2. the essential or most important point.

DRIVE HARD, DRIVE FAST, DON'T MISS YOUR POINT!!!!

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Thu May 15, 2008 10:08 am

the list of things you cant do is a lot longer than the things you can!

Can:
Wires, Plugs, Filter, After-Cat Exhaust, Fully adjustable Gas Shocks, Factory camber adjustments within -.8 deg(from what i remember at the nats) Factory sized Lightweight racing wheels, R-Compound, Larger Diameter front swaybar, Mill the head to Minimum depth...

Unsure but maybe you can put in a rear section cage and racing seats with harnesses.... I think....

Everything else Stock!
speed is relative... ...but the feeling is absolute

drivehard

Post by drivehard » Thu May 15, 2008 10:29 am

can you put a factory type R swaybar in the rear? I just bought a type R front sway bar. :twisted:
CRUX[kruks] 1. of perplexing difficulty. 2. the essential or most important point.

JimR

Post by JimR » Thu May 15, 2008 11:18 am

The rear swaybar has to stay stock. Front only. This is a throwback rule to the days when most stock cars were was ill-handling (comparatively) and RWD.

Even though a lot of small things are allowed (I recommend reading the rules), the keys to stock class are dampers, front swaybar, catback exhaust, and wheels/tires. Even though you have to keep the stock wheel height and width, you have a +/- .25" offset allowance. An extra quarter inch of tire clearance at each corner, totalling half an inch of extra track width helps that much more.

Koni yellows, catback, R-comps, and alignment will make about anything regionally competitive. And of those, better dampers and tires first. The front swaybar is worth trying, too. A FWD car will ultimately understeer more with a bigger front swaybar, but it will also gain much-needed front roll resistance that can't be helped through stiffer springs. More front tire on the ground, less shoulder wear.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

drivehard

Post by drivehard » Thu May 15, 2008 12:13 pm

Yeah, if you look at chris's pictures of my car, if has way too much roll, and it is chewing the crap out of the shoulders of my tires. I really am not suffering too much from understeer, so I thought it would be more benificial at this time to go the sway-bar route, to flatten my stance in a corner. Plus, it was only $70 shipped, WOW! :shock:

As far as alignment goes, I cannot do anything about my camber. There is no adjust, unless I buy a kit, and that would not work for stock class. I already have the R's, and am working on the shocks, and Hawk HP+ brake pads for the rear to also help with the understeer issue. I am hoping that a little trail-braking, with the Hawk's will loosen the car a bit after the front sway-bar replacement. :?

What do you think? :)

Corolla DRiveR

Post by Corolla DRiveR » Sat May 17, 2008 9:55 pm

I think that will help, you B@$_@#d! just kidding. Relatively new info here: a larger front swaybar can really help a front wheel drive car keep from understeering if the factory size front bar was too small in the first place. and most are. I would say all of them are, but theres going to be ONE oddball car out there to prove me wrong. and its not the integra. I would guess the larger front bar will help prevent understeer, ironically.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

drivehard

Post by drivehard » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:48 am

Well, I will say, the sway-bar helped significantly, the car has a hundred percent better turn in, and stays put. :P :P

killerbracing

Post by killerbracing » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:41 pm

If you are new, learn your car and drive it. You COULD adjust 20 things on the vehicle and end up with the initial settings. :wink:

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:08 pm

He's not new.
Just new to staying in a "stock" class.
Rob herded a drift Predule in years past.
Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing

killerbracing

Post by killerbracing » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:19 pm

Dig the Preludes. Any Vid on the drifting? My bro had a 4WS 'lude that was badass, still is, it's just now a museum car. :cry:

drivehard

Post by drivehard » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:22 am

killerbracing wrote:Dig the Preludes. Any Vid on the drifting? My bro had a 4WS 'lude that was badass, still is, it's just now a museum car. :cry:
No, no vids. It used to be a 4WS, but it was too unpredictable. It was a 1988, mechanical rear steer.

I had it for several years, and wish I had it back. At one point it had the prokit springs, tokico shocks, powerstop crossdrilled rotors, axxis carbon pads, intake, exhaust, Kosei k1's, falken azenis tires, and oh yeah! My famous lawn edging front bumper lip!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was a true grass roots racer, and vey fun to drive! Got a few compliments for my front FWD drifting ability at the Divisionals in KC one year. No E-brake required, and under acceleration. Ah, the ole Scandenavian flick! :twisted:

Oh yeah, the last event, last run, well, in June that is, I drifted the Integra, lost some time, but had it the bag, so wanted to have some fun!!!