What's my number? Help!

SCCA technical discussions and classing discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

atomicz

What's my number? Help!

Post by atomicz » Tue May 20, 2008 9:51 pm

I went to the scca.com web page today to sign up my son-in-law for membership with the SCCA. I am doing this as a birthday present. On the application form is a field to enter a one day temporary membership number that he was supposed to have been issued this past weekend at registration for the solo event at Springfield. After calling the national headquarters to help me determine more information about this number, I was told that my son-in-law should have received a yellow slip of paper with the number printed on the top. He didn't get such a yellow piece of paper. Can anyone get that membership number for me/him so we can save the $15.00 from his most recent attendance? His name is Jim Sinclair his car # was SS40 I think.
Black Z

magilson

Post by magilson » Tue May 20, 2008 10:45 pm

He never filled out a temporary weekend membership form. I'm not sure why he wasn't given one at the waiver station...

I need the following information:

Name:
Birthdate:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip:
Phone:
E-Mail:
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

CivicSiguy

Post by CivicSiguy » Wed May 21, 2008 11:47 am

Don't worry, Matt can fix it!

And don't be too hard on the waiver station guys...you know they're slow right? :lol: :lol:
Don Peak
STX 225
08' Civic Si

VTEC = u got owned

atomicz

What's my number? Help!

Post by atomicz » Thu May 22, 2008 10:46 pm

Hey Matt, did you get my PM with all of Jim's information that you requested?

Phil
Black Z

magilson

Re: What's my number? Help!

Post by magilson » Fri May 23, 2008 6:21 am

atomicz wrote:Hey Matt, did you get my PM with all of Jim's information that you requested?

Phil
Yep. I should be able to get my hands on a Weekend Membership form tonight and I'll mail it priority Saturday morning if not tonight.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Fri May 23, 2008 3:06 pm

The registration trailer was supposed to be the point where drivers licenses and SCCA membership cards were checked. We did have the temporary weekend membership forms available at the waiver station, but insuring the forms were filled out was the responsibility of registration. If someone drove without filling out the temp membership, it simply means that someone at the registration trailer didn't check SCCA cards.

magilson

Post by magilson » Fri May 23, 2008 3:52 pm

zoomzoom wrote:The registration trailer was supposed to be the point where drivers licenses and SCCA membership cards were checked. We did have the temporary weekend membership forms available at the waiver station, but insuring the forms were filled out was the responsibility of registration. If someone drove without filling out the temp membership, it simply means that someone at the registration trailer didn't check SCCA cards.
The problem was that the waiver station had all the forms. For next event we'll keep them at the trailer. The waiver station has their hands full enough. I think we are going to have to figure something out because there were a lot of "12" year olds at the last event and there's no way for the waiver station people to know other than to take the parent's word for it... I do not envy that job!
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

atomicz

Temp membership

Post by atomicz » Fri May 23, 2008 4:13 pm

I assumed someone probably just forgat. We were nearing the end of registraion time when we were signing up. I signed up first and showed my SCCA membership card. When Jim signed up He paid the $35.00 but no one said anything about filling out a temporary membership card. Someone had lost our previous tech cards that we have used in the past so I just assumed the information we were filling out on the replacement tech card was the information used for temporary membership. I have not always been a member of the SCCA and have never had a temporary membership form ever to fill out in the past, so I didn't know the difference. Sorry!

What I would like as soon as I can get it though is the temporary membership number for him from last weekend so that I can finish registering him for permanent SCCA membership for his Birthday present. (of which has past without him having a Birthday present from me. :)) Oh well, he isn't a kid, so it really isn't that big of a deal! :)) Once I get that I can finalize that application and save my $15.00 fee.

Thanks for everyone's help on this. Maybe it's a good thing that we caught the fact that temporary memberships were not being issued as they were supposed to be!!

Phil
Black Z

magilson

Re: Temp membership

Post by magilson » Fri May 23, 2008 9:17 pm

atomicz wrote:I assumed someone probably just forgat. We were nearing the end of registraion time when we were signing up. I signed up first and showed my SCCA membership card. When Jim signed up He paid the $35.00 but no one said anything about filling out a temporary membership card. Someone had lost our previous tech cards that we have used in the past so I just assumed the information we were filling out on the replacement tech card was the information used for temporary membership. I have not always been a member of the SCCA and have never had a temporary membership form ever to fill out in the past, so I didn't know the difference. Sorry!

What I would like as soon as I can get it though is the temporary membership number for him from last weekend so that I can finish registering him for permanent SCCA membership for his Birthday present. (of which has past without him having a Birthday present from me. :)) Oh well, he isn't a kid, so it really isn't that big of a deal! :)) Once I get that I can finalize that application and save my $15.00 fee.

Thanks for everyone's help on this. Maybe it's a good thing that we caught the fact that temporary memberships were not being issued as they were supposed to be!!

Phil
Oh, how I long for the days of racing and working a corner! So easy! I seem to be learning everything about running an event the hard way...

Check your messages for the weekend membership number!
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI