KC Region email

SCCA technical discussions and classing discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Unstable

KC Region email

Post by Unstable » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:11 pm

2009 Season Info‏
Sent: Tue 11/18/08 10:17 PM
To: Eddie Hall (one_man_gang@msn.com)

With the season ending a little over a month ago the SAC has been hard at work since then. When we approached Truman Sports Complex (TSC) about our 2009 Schedule, they notified us that they will be sealing and striping all of the lots (including Lot L) as part of the Stadium renovation project. Their initial statement has been that they will not allow anyone to rent the lots in order to preserve their condition for as long as possible. We have been working with them to come to an agreement, while one has not been reached as of yet, we are still trying to keep Lot L as the home of the solo scene in Kansas City.

While this is happening with Truman Sports Complex we are also hard at work in searching for additional solo sites. We have been in contact with Sandstone, Metropolitan Community Colleges Driving Center and the Kansas Speedway and are in negotiations with a few of them.

This is where we need your help. If you know of any additional possibilities of solo sites in the KC Metro area, please let us know.

Regards,

Kansas City Region SAC
Seems troubles are everywhere.
Glad Chris and I hit Lot L before it gets shutdown.
:(
Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:33 am

whaaaat

thats rediculas!
speed is relative... ...but the feeling is absolute

JimR

Post by JimR » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:01 am

I'm glad I got a chance to do the three two-day events up there this year. One of the best sites in our division.

There is nothing wrong with the lot right now. The access roads could use some attention, but there's no reason why the lot itself needs sealing within the next couple of years. It's nowhere near crumbling.

A matter of weeks ago the SCCA Nationals survey was asking to rate this site as a possible host of Nationals in 2009.

THAT'S how fast a site owner can pull the plug on you.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD