September 27th Event...

SCCA technical discussions and classing discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

craigb

September 27th Event...

Post by craigb » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:00 pm

I'm part of the event planning group with the http://www.100mphclub.com and we where thinking about coming down for the September 27th event. Last year we came over for the July event.

I wanted to make sure if we brought an extra 10-20 cars that we wouldn't be causing any problems.

Personally I hope to make it, it's my birthday and I've been Jonesing to make another autocross event since the last one I was able to attend. The only problem is getting the day off from work...

Thanks!
Craig

JimR

Post by JimR » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:37 am

I anticipate September 27th will be one of the largest OMRSCCA events, ever.

For that many extra entrants I would ask a little cooperation from them:
We will have pre-registration and more information available nearer that date.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

craigb

Post by craigb » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:21 pm

Thanks for the reply Jim. I'll pass it along to the rest of the event planning group...
Craig

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:55 pm

I completely agree with JimR on every point he made, this could well be the largest event of the year.

Just to clarify about the current number availability list:

-If you have run with our region this year you must use the same car # for all 2009 events.
-ONLY ONE person is allowed to have that car # for the entire year of 2009 no matter the class.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

craigb

Post by craigb » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:58 am

Ok, thanks SilverYota.

Sounds like they are wanting to do this. Is there anyway to preregister a number before the September 27th preregister is available? The only reason I ask is I'd like to get 140 (cubic inch of my 4 banger) and go ahead and get some magnetic numbers ordered...
Craig

fordfocusguy

Whoops

Post by fordfocusguy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:54 pm

Hey guys, I accidentally put my number on the preregister form as 14. I should be 44. Does anyone know how to change that?

Bullitt2954

Re: Whoops

Post by Bullitt2954 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:52 pm

fordfocusguy wrote:Hey guys, I accidentally put my number on the preregister form as 14. I should be 44. Does anyone know how to change that?
That's fixable. On the 27th, just put "30+" ahead of it on the door, and it'll be O.K.............
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

fordfocusguy

Post by fordfocusguy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:24 pm

Will do... anyone have a couple extra 3's and 0's?

JimR

Post by JimR » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:07 pm

If our registrar hasn't already caught it, let registration know that morning.

Those numbers are too large for arithmetic in the timing trailer. We'd have to take off our shoes to count that high.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:44 pm

Car number 44 is in use already this year and you won't be able to use that number. Once someone uses a # in our region it is theirs for the rest of the year.

SilverYota wrote:I completely agree with JimR on every point he made, this could well be the largest event of the year.

Just to clarify about the current number availability list:

-If you have run with our region this year you must use the same car # for all 2009 events.
-ONLY ONE person is allowed to have that car # for the entire year of 2009 no matter the class.
Please choose a number from this current number availability list (up to 899) that is not already in use (you can PM it to me) or just pick a number the morning of the event that is not already in use. I have made a post on the 100MPH.com forums detailing this, but if you guys could let other 100MPH club members know this it would be a great help and it might save someone from buying a set of #'s that they could not use.

Thanks, and we are looking forward to seeing your club out there.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

stanbell

Post by stanbell » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:54 pm

...and thanks for coming to the event, however many can make it. always glad to welcome visitors, new and old.

fordfocusguy

Post by fordfocusguy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:05 pm

Yup, number 44 is taken.... by me. Unless there is another Paul J in the region. :) Although, I haven't raced in OMR since last year, been in Iowa, so maybe by some crazy coincidence another Paul J took the same number I was running last year? If so, I'll be 144.

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:10 am

fordfocusguy wrote:Yup, number 44 is taken.... by me. Unless there is another Paul J in the region. Smile Although, I haven't raced in OMR since last year, been in Iowa, so maybe by some crazy coincidence another Paul J took the same number I was running last year? If so, I'll be 144.
I double checked and yes your # was saved for you from last year (I should have checked the registration record instead of just browsing the forms :oops: ). Always happy to see people come back, and I think you are going to like the Neosho site.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2