new on the forum

New Racers - The place to be for the n00b in all of us!

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

FrankL

new on the forum

Post by FrankL » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:38 am

Hello all, my names Frank and I am an alcho.... oops wrong forum. Autocross-aholic. I guess I'm just too competitive when it comes to racing to not get "hooked" on whatever it is I'm doing. I started in December of '08 in a '05 CTS-V which was a blast. Ultimately not what I wanted to continue autox'ing. So I bought a used c5 z06. Actually found it on Craigslist and it came from just a few miles from Neosho. Now its prepped and the driver is not so I am working on that part too.

Anyway just signing up here, I'll be at midiv in a couple weeks and hope to attend some more events with you guys this year.
Miatas. Lots of them. Nearly every flavor. Lots of mods to some. Not much to others.

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:52 am

Welcome, Frank! Glad to have you aboard! 'Vette looks nice - I'm one of those that prefers the look of the C5 over the C6, personally.
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

FrankL

Post by FrankL » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:14 pm

Thanks. Photographs hide its 'weaknesses'... lol I can't say I like it more than a C6, but it was a heck of alot cheaper for just autox duty.
Miatas. Lots of them. Nearly every flavor. Lots of mods to some. Not much to others.

JimR

Post by JimR » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:13 pm

Glad to have you up our way, Frank. 8)
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD