nooB from AR

New Racers - The place to be for the n00b in all of us!

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

flyinD84z

nooB from AR

Post by flyinD84z » Fri May 20, 2011 10:49 am

hi all, I've checkout the website a couple times. looks like you guys have a good group. I'm in north/central AR (near Mountain Home). I noticed most of your events are in Neosho. Just wondering if there are ever any events held a little closer to this neck of the woods? I have a 3rd gen Camaro and I've been itching to do some AutoX with it, but I don't really want to drive 3+ hours to do it. or maybe you know of another group that does have events closer to me? anyways, I like your site and enjoy looking at the pics you all have posted. thanks!

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Fri May 20, 2011 12:44 pm

Welcome to the Site!

We used to hold events at the Duck's Stadium (Price Cutter Park) in Ozark, MO - about 2 hours from you. But that lot has crumbled too far to be usable for us (there is a Truck-Driver Training School hosted there, but the lot was never designed to take that much "concentrated" weight for that period of time).

Unfortunately, it seems you're between a rock and a hard place - the next Region over; ARSCCA, holds events at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock - but they're about 3 hours South of you as well. (technically, you're in the ARSCCA Region - but you're more than Welcome to attend either or both Region's Events)

Your next-closest is the group out of Memphis - they hold several events at the old AirBase in Blytheville, AR due-East of you (Jeanie and I have been to several of these: 8.5 Million sq.ft. of Concrete makes for one heluva course - even if you can only use a third-to-fourth or so of that for the actual course!)
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

flyinD84z

Post by flyinD84z » Fri May 20, 2011 3:57 pm

thanks for the reply Bullitt. I've checked out the ARSCCA group too, but honestly I would rather drive north to Neosho than down south to Little Rock. I like living the Mountain Home area...only bad part is we are 3 hours from anywhere!! lol there really arent ANY racing events here unless you race dirt track (circle track) which I did race circle track for a few years...it just gets too expensive. now I'd just rather race a car that I can drive to work also if I want :) one day I might just have to give in and drive up to Neosho!