Class for my car

New Racers - The place to be for the n00b in all of us!

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

PDavis40

Class for my car

Post by PDavis40 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:54 pm

I went to the last event of the season and had a great time. I plan on getting more into the sport next season and would like to figure out the class for my car. Thought this would be a good place to start.

Car:
1990 Nissan 240sx
Engine: LS2 with a cam, intake manifold, long tubes
Suspension: Coilovers, camber adjustments, aftermarket inner and out tie rods.
Car also has a 10 pt roll cage
Interior is stripped, sparco seats, 4 point seat belts

Tires as of now are street tires but looking into getting some Ecsta V710's.

Thanks! any help would be appreciated.

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:55 pm

You'd be better-off looking for the new V720. Any 710s leftover may be a bit "long in the tooth" by the time you have them in-hand.

So far as classing - with the engine swap and stripped interior, I'd say "X-Prepared" (XP) or "E-Modified" (EM), without looking at the car.
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

PDavis40

Post by PDavis40 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:50 pm

Bullitt2954 wrote:You'd be better-off looking for the new V720. Any 710s leftover may be a bit "long in the tooth" by the time you have them in-hand.

So far as classing - with the engine swap and stripped interior, I'd say "X-Prepared" (XP) or "E-Modified" (EM), without looking at the car.
Ya after more research I think I will have to be in XP. Oh well, next season I'll get used to the car more and see how far I want to go with it. I like it just to have fun!

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:17 pm

get rid of some weight and get some good tires, and it could compete... I've been considering adding some HP and going to XP myself, but i'm not sure I want to have to climb the pax ladder again...

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:41 pm

Since you are going to XP, have you thought about getting used road race tires? There are several online dealers that will sell you lightly used slicks for less than new DOT rubber. Just something to consider since it sounds like you are wanting a dedicated set of tires and wheels for SOLO.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2