new to autocross

New Racers - The place to be for the n00b in all of us!

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Grant

Post by Grant » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:43 pm

Well i wasn't able to make it after all, but i want to thank everybody for their input. i'll be shootin for the next one. And, if you haven't guessed it already, the reason for my absence came in the form of a 8lbs 13ounce healthy baby girl. I look forward to meeting all of you, God Bless.

Horsehammerr

Post by Horsehammerr » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:32 am

Grant wrote:Well i wasn't able to make it after all, but i want to thank everybody for their input. i'll be shootin for the next one. And, if you haven't guessed it already, the reason for my absence came in the form of a 8lbs 13ounce healthy baby girl. I look forward to meeting all of you, God Bless.
Much Better Event at Your Home Grant !! GODs Blessings are Truly on YOU ! Enjoy all the future brings in this new life with you. I did make #5. It was my very first Auto X, SCCA anything. What a BLAST ! I was the only FSP car ( Truck ) so I won my class with what ever time I placed, as long as it was not DSF. I did 69.157 raw average and a whopping 57.953 PAX. This in my Street Prepared '02 Chevy S-10 4x4 Crew Cab Pickup. Prepared in that I turned down the front Torsion Bars 3", Blocked the rear down with 3' blocks on 1/2" setback plates, and 8 degrees Pinion angle correction plates from Jags that Run.com for 4 1/4" total rear drop. Factory stock front sway bar, factory optional rear sway bar, Polyurathane bushings in both sway bars. 16 x 8.5 alum. wheels with 245/50/16 Nexen CP641 tires. And a lot of Homespun practice and courage. Looking forward to the next event. Hope you can make it ! :D 8)
"02 S-10 Crew Cab " Down & Quick " 888 FSP

Grant

Post by Grant » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:36 pm

I've always appreciated and preferred the unusual when it comes to automobiles. Much like taking a 4wd s10 and turning it into a racecar...er truck. I take it the cyclone was your inspration for this project? Either way what are the plans for under the hood? And did you run the course in 4wd? :lol: