Car Numbers and Pre-Reg

New Racers - The place to be for the n00b in all of us!

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

GypstCat

Car Numbers and Pre-Reg

Post by GypstCat » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:56 pm

Does anyone know if the website have a link to pre-reg for the March autox?

I am new... Hoping to be out in Neosho in March for my first race!

I have a stock 2004 Acura RSX Type S that I think will be G Street.

My question is, with numbers, can we just pick our own? What if someone else has the same number? I was going to purchase clings for my car but wanted to ask 1st...

Thanks!!

Sara

Thorox

Re: Car Numbers and Pre-Reg

Post by Thorox » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:04 am

Car Numbers are exclusive for this season, meaning only one person is allowed to run a number during the entire year no matter what class you are in (e.g. Car number 10 John Doe in SS, you would not be able to use 10 even if you ran a different class). During pre-registration, if a number is not shown when it is time to choose, then it is already in use this year.

When registration is opened, you will see a list of available numbers and will be able to select one. Numbers used last season by other drivers will not be available.

I am not sure when registration for March will be available.

Look forward to seeing you race!

GypstCat

Post by GypstCat » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:12 am

Thanks!

flogger

Post by flogger » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:32 am

Sara,

First off, welcome, and thanks for your interest in SCCA and our region. Yes, a bone stock 2004 Acura RSX Type S is a G Street car (or at least it was as of last year and I don't think it's changed).

Everything Jay said WRT numbers and registration was true for last year, but we're actually looking at changing things up a little bit starting this year. There's no way he could have known this as it was a discussion at last Tuesday's board meeting. We're going to (if at all reasonably possible) allow duplicate car numbers for cars in different classes starting this year. No guarantees as of yet, but that's what we're shooting for. We're counting on a few things to happen in order to allow for this. A couple of those things we're counting on are that the additional cross training we did last season for timing and scoring and also for registration will pay off and we'll have more people better capable to handle the inevitable confusing situations that duplicate numbers will create. We're also going to be counting on corner workers doing a more consistently good job of following proper radio protocol and calling in cones and DNFs with complete car and driver identification info rather than "The red Porsche hit a cone. I don't know the class, but I think it's number had a 3 in it." :roll:

Anyhow, how does this relate to you? At this point, probably very little. I appreciate you wanting to get clings (or better yet magnetic, in my opinion), but I recommend you come out and drive in an event or two before you spend money on stuff like that. Decide if Solo is something you want to continue to do, first. If you get addicted like the rest of us, you'll then have that much better of an idea of what all kind of equipment you want. For those first couple of events, just use contrasting tape and label both sides of the car clearly and you'll be fine.

The first event is more than a month away. I've applied for SCCA sanctions for all of the events for the year, but until they're approved, we're not going to setup the event in motorsportreg.com. Also, Matt and Paul and I are going to be doing a training night where we teach each other how to setup all the software and data for the entire season and for individual events. Once the event is setup and opened for preregistration, we'll release the hounds and make the announcement that preregistration is open both here and on Facebook.

BTW, if there are any non stock things about your car, let us know and we can help ensure that you get classed properly. Thanks. It's better to figure that stuff out now, rather than in a panic on the day of your first event.

Scott
Scott Woosley

GypstCat

Post by GypstCat » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:28 am

Bone stock, other than tinted windows :)

I'll wait to buy numbers, thanks for the info!

Thorox

Post by Thorox » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:33 am