Some vectors I've done of my two Mustangs...

Racing pics, vids and anything visual (within reason).

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:08 pm

As this seems to be the "Mustang Crowd" thread, I thought I'd pass this along - '66 Coupe with a (poor, it seems) "resto" in the St. Louis area. They've tried to sell it before, and have lowered the price to $1750.

http://sccaforums.com/forums/thread/344236.aspx

Haven't seen it, but I've been told you'll have to deal with a bit of cancer.

I'd consider it (hell, I AM considering it) - but have about 46.2-times too many projects to handle right now myself.............
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

budweeks

Post by budweeks » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:34 am

Hey Scott,

Just a thought, but check out the rust carefully. I know that really rusty convertible Mustangs can literally break in half. A coupe wouldn't do that but the integrity of the unibody could be seriously compromised. It could be a real headache.

Bud

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:17 pm

budweeks wrote:Hey Scott,

Just a thought, but check out the rust carefully. I know that really rusty convertible Mustangs can literally break in half. A coupe wouldn't do that but the integrity of the unibody could be seriously compromised. It could be a real headache.

Bud
Ultimately - that's why I have opted to no-longer look at that ad. "Avoid temptation" and all that.

Besides - I've already had my fill of back-half'd Mustangs. If I ever have to cut two Mustangs up to make one again; I won't. Bleh.
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

stanbell

89 LX

Post by stanbell » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:10 pm

Bud, I never knew. my 89 lx 5.0 hatch was the dark grey metallic, whatever ford called it. pickup was uneventful (compared to your story, every pickup is uneventful), at summit ford in lee's summit. they did the "dominator" kit, underdrive pulleys, shorty headers, miscellaneous other stuff i forget, for 3-600 additional horsepower over stock. (felt like less, tho). loved that car. took advantage of my younger brother, so i could get paid for it but still drive it, when it was time to sell.
66 mustang, 72 124 fiat FProduction, 91 miata ES/STS, 95 mustang SM, 97 F150, 99 Neon SF (yes!), 00 911 C4 AS, 05 CLK500, 05 triumph speed four, 06 F250, 07 ducati 1098, 13 330i, & a few cows. 93 miata ES now in Mr France's capable hands, long may she autox.