Route 66 Special on KY3

Racing pics, vids and anything visual (within reason).

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

SilverYota

Route 66 Special on KY3

Post by SilverYota » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:46 am

For anyone that might be interested in the history of the "Mother Road" there is a one hour special on KY3 this evening at 7:00pm. Click here for a video of a news-clip introducing the local photojournalist Tim Leimkuhler who put this together and a short overview of what the show will be about.

Some of you might remember Tim from a few years ago (before I was involved with the club). I understand that he did a news story on the Solo program at the Duck's Stadium. He is into cars and daily drives in a Saab turbo. Even though they come from Sweden it doesn't seem to get around in the deep snow all that well we found out. The Saab is just one of the cars he owns though and if you pay attention while they are doing some driving scenes you will see his convertible Corvair.

This should be an entertaining hour of great places, interesting facts, and plenty of historic video/photos so if you can't watch it live be sure to fire up the DVR, you won't want to miss this.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

Gmcnabb

Rt. 66

Post by Gmcnabb » Sun May 08, 2011 8:45 am

The speical was very interesting, lot of old photos and stories.

For anyone who missed the Rt. 66 special, I have the DVD's of the show, just let me know.
Gregg

JimR

Post by JimR » Sun May 08, 2011 9:15 pm

I finally watched a few of the clips (busy!).

http://www.ky3.com/features/route66/

I've driven the entire section of Route 66 between Rolla and Oklahoma City, barring some of the more draconian alignments.

At some point in my life I'll try and drive the other 80%. Bucket list.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD