Fastrack show on the old local tracks - dirt & asphalt.

Racing pics, vids and anything visual (within reason).

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Unstable

Fastrack show on the old local tracks - dirt & asphalt.

Post by Unstable » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:32 am

Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing

Ted Wells

Good Show

Post by Ted Wells » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:51 pm

Just watched the above program on the Springfield PBS channel. If you are a native of the Springfield area, it's well worth your time when it's re-broadcast Monday night. I much enjoyed the recollections of the old timers. Did you know OMR's own Forrest Tindall once raced "Mini Stocks" at the Fairgrounds Speedway?

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:42 am

yep we raced there as well. My dad and Jerry McCall formed McCall-Hall Racing and started in last half of the '77 season. They won the '78 & 79 point championships there. First in a '69 Datsun Roadster and then in Datsun B210. I ran the asphalt track in 1981 in my Datsun powered Bugeyed Sprite and again in 1983 in my 69 Dodge Charger. We also ran the little dirt track in 81.

I really miss the Fairgrounds. Not only did I get a checkered flag autographed by Mark Martin there but that is where the racing bug bit me. I was picked for the Jr. Fan Club and of course my favorite driver was Jerry. I went down on the front stretch and got my picture taken and was able to take a lap around the track with my favorite driver. Coming out of turn 2 Jerry said "hang on tight!" and he gassed it giving me the taste of speed I still have today. :)

Here is a pic of the B210 and my Pa, "Big Bill" Hall, from 1978 at Bolivar Speedway. We painted the car Porsche green and Rally Yellow the next year when I started racing it.

Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing