Best Run from Event #1 03-30-14

Racing pics, vids and anything visual (within reason).

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

xorpheous

Best Run from Event #1 03-30-14

Post by xorpheous » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:51 am

http://youtu.be/K5lrJsSAR9o

I said it before, but I'll say it again. I had a blast! It was nice to run on a properly large asphalt pad. This summer's schedule will get some closer scrutiny to see if I can make it down for some more events.
"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win." -- Coach Bob Knight

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:31 am

:D

Thanks for sharing.
How did you get the telemetry meters on the video?
Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing

xorpheous

Post by xorpheous » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:37 am

I have the TorquePro app (~$5) on my phone, the Track Recorder plugin (free), and a bluetooth OBDII dongle (~$15). I use a couple of rubber bands to hold the phone to the rear view and away we go! :D Best part is that it also saves the data to a CSV file, so I can compare my throttle application and accelerations for different runs to see where I'm making my mistakes on my slower runs. I wish I had steering angle and brake pressure data, but what do you expect for $20.
"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win." -- Coach Bob Knight

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:43 am

That's pretty cool.

Data has come a long ways on price. I bet the fuse in my system cost that much :cry: