Looking for your feedback on my driving!

Racing pics, vids and anything visual (within reason).

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Kent

Looking for your feedback on my driving!

Post by Kent » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:28 am

Yes, give it to me! :shock:

The good, the BAD, and the UGLY! I want it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CosOI2a ... e=youtu.be

I know I need to be:

1. smoother on the steering inputs
2. hit my turn in points earlier
3. keep the back of the car BEHIND me! :lol:
4. hold a line and use the throttle to make slight adjustments
5. Do what I know I should!

I am having a great time with you all out there! Thank you for all the help and encouragement you have given me already!

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:07 pm

The main tip the guys gave me was Slow is Fast aka do not shred the course. This is especially important in a FWD like my Civic. My first few autoxs were embarrassing at best since I last raced on circle tracks where I attacked the turns. I still have problems "slowing down" when I get to run some rallyx. ;) LOL.
Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing

The Huff

Post by The Huff » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:02 am

Looking good Kent! Try looking ahead a little further. I look out the side of the car a lot. It really helps to set up for what is to come.
Justin Huffman
Asst. R.E.

Kent

Post by Kent » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:49 am

Thanks for the input!

I am taking notes and will study up before the next event.

I''l be in Tulsa Nov 2nd, can not get enough of this! 8)

budweeks

Post by budweeks » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:20 pm

Hey Kent,

I'll also be at Tulsa on Nov. 2, weather permitting, and I'll be glad to talk about what I see in the course and give what feedback I can. Keep in mind that I am, and will continue to be, a learner too.

Thanks for sharing the video.

Bud

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:30 am

Looks pretty good to me...

A little early in a couple corners, but pretty solid... I try to use the steering to catch most... the gas is a bigger adjustment (for me) and don't want to give up momentum unless I need too... We don't have any power, so every mph we can exit a corner with is gold...

Kent

Post by Kent » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:16 pm

Thanks Bud!

Long range weather forecast looks good! Hope it stays that way.

Thank you for your input Sam. I'll use the steering inputs and see if I can not get things better timed, getting some seat time in the car has been helping me out a bunch

Kent

Post by Kent » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:51 am

That was a fun course! :D

Thank you for the input Bud, that helped me out. Thank you Jason and Bob also! Great tips!

I'll get a couple of videos up so you can see if I did get it mostly right or not.....

We had a great day out there in Tulsa!

Kent

Post by Kent » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:38 pm

OK, been a slow morning for me.....till I had some Coffee.

Run 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYjzmZI ... e=youtu.be

Run 6, even though it says four..... darn editing guy..... my best time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqaWHgp ... e=youtu.be

Let me know what you think.

budweeks

Post by budweeks » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:04 am

Hey Kent,

Your lines look good to me. One key to this course was, I think, getting on the power as soon as possible before the crossover, and then maintaining your momentum as much as possible all the way to the far left-hand corner.

The course had good flow to it, but it didn't look like it did. Figuring out which few cones dictated the lines and which cones didn't was very important.

Good job.

Bud

Kent

Post by Kent » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:18 pm

budweeks wrote:Hey Kent,

Your lines look good to me. One key to this course was, I think, getting on the power as soon as possible before the crossover, and then maintaining your momentum as much as possible all the way to the far left-hand corner.

The course had good flow to it, but it didn't look like it did. Figuring out which few cones dictated the lines and which cones didn't was very important.

Good job.

Bud
Thanks Bud! It took me a few runs to get the course down well, and get a little "heat" in the tires. More like get the tires up from freezing to not as cold....

I did take your pointers on the reference cones. I could have been a little earlier on the gas in quite a few spots, if I would have set it up better. I really liked the left before the slalom finish, using the last cone on the wall.

Looking forward to the spring already! I was just starting to get the hang of this..... :D

budweeks

Post by budweeks » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:25 pm

I'd say you're getting the hang of this pretty quickly....but there is always more to learn.

Bud

Kent

Re: Looking for your feedback on my driving!

Post by Kent » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:04 am

Was at NEOKLA yesterday. Great day for some Autocross!

This course had me puzzled to start with. It seemed to me to be a point and shoot, with some pitch it and hold on sections...... :?:
In the end I figured I was being way too conservative with trail braking. Got some help from Jim on that one.

I walked it many times, had some help from our Jim Rowland, and even ran in the second heat. I felt I had the course down in my head well. Still made some bad mistakes...... No biggie, I'm still learning a bunch.

Let me know what you think, sorry for the low quality.... posting it from my home slow internet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5We6_IwZ_vM