Reintroducing: the Miata

Racing pics, vids and anything visual (within reason).

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

JimR

Reintroducing: the Miata

Post by JimR » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:21 pm

This week I got a new piece of autocross hardware that everyone will get to see in a few weeks. Again.

2001 Miata LS six-speed. Flyin' Miata springs & sways, Konis yellows, Hard Dog roll bar, and intake.

It may look familiar. My friend Vance, who's I've co-driven with a few times at OMR, wanted to sell the car to pay for finishing school. He was eying a cheap, fun sedan to get out from under payments.

Like my '93 Infiniti G20. You see the deal that happened. My trusty G20, itself an autocross veteran, got traded. Here's a pic Chris took last year:

It looks like a relatively stock-looking G20, but it had a lot of goodies from the Nissan parts bin that Nissan nerds would appreciate. A solid, fun daily driver. In 2006, I found it sitting in a shed via Craigslist down in Clever, MO, then brought it home for $500. It had a lot of drivetrain problems, but it taught be how to rebuild an engine and swap a transmission. Right after I got it running, I drove it to Chicago and won Best P10 (aka '91-'96 Infiniti G20) at the 2007 SE-R National Convention. I already miss it.

Having the Miata makes me feel better, though. It's as fun as it looks. And no worries - the Sentra may hit the autocross circuit less, but I've had it for a decade and it will remain mine forever.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:05 pm

Grats! 8)
speed is relative... ...but the feeling is absolute

budweeks

Miata

Post by budweeks » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:32 pm

Jim,

That's neat! Congratulations. Mark R. just bought one (a '97) too, although I don't think it will be his autocrosser.

Bud