Planning & Preparation Meeting for First Autocross of 20

Announcements and news concerning OMRSCCA business.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox, springfielddyno, Ted Wells

zoomzoom

Planning & Preparation Meeting for First Autocross of 20

Post by zoomzoom » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:41 am

I'm proposing that we have a meeting on Saturday, February 23, as this is one of the few weekend dates where Jonathon is available. The purpose of the meeting will be to plan the 2008 autocrosses, including discussions about how to formally organize the event and staff the various areas of responsibility (see Jim's posting under 'Calling all Drivers').

We could use the conference room at my workplace, as there is plenty of room, along with a large dry erase board that might come in handy. The location is near Scenic and W. Sunshine.

Please post if you would be available on this date, along with a preferred time.

zoomzoom
Mazdaspeed 3

Crazy_Dog
Location: Hangin out at the Stick, lookin at a thing in a bag

Post by Crazy_Dog » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:47 am

I'll mark it down that I will be busy on that date! and make whatever time everyone else wants available.
I have a message from Jo that the place were he works is offering there meeting room as well if we want to use it. I need to call him back but I'm out of time!
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

- Jonathan Fessenden, - OMR Board Member

bontakun
Site Admin

Post by bontakun » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:01 pm

I'm going to be out of town that weekend.

zoomzoom

Autocross Planning Meeting on Feb 23

Post by zoomzoom » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:34 pm

I spoke with JoeHyundai, and we can use the conference room at Springfield Imports (on South Campbell) for our meeting on Saturday the 23rd. The sales staff uses the room over the lunch hour, so Joe suggested that we have the meeting after 1 pm. The lock the doors at 6 pm.

He even suggested the possibility that the dealership might furnish some food and drinks, and then loan us new Porsches for test drives during the afternoon. OK, may the part about the test drives is stretching it a bit.

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:41 pm

bontakun wrote:I'm going to be out of town that weekend.
Likewise
speed is relative... ...but the feeling is absolute

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:22 am

Chris and Ben are out of town on the 23rd. Jonathon, are you available on Saturday or Sunday, March 1 or 2?

If not, we need to stick with the 23rd. Does anyone besides Jonathon know how to run these events? I'm clueless.

Jim, Matt, Ed, Jim, Scott, and other interested parties, how does the 23rd work for you if Jonathon can't commit to March 1 or 2?

Crazy_Dog

Post by Crazy_Dog » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:28 am

I can do the 1st or the 23rd. either one would be skippy by me :)

Crazy_Dog

Post by Crazy_Dog » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:31 am

the 1st might be a better idea to. I don't know about the rest of ya but I have a tendency to forget things :s getting shown the computer there will be less sleeping time between then and the race.

I'll be available on the 8th for a second run down if need be.
actualy I'm going to plan on being avalable on the 8th so that if anyone who wants to, I'll be avalable to show the computer to again or answer any questions that might come up.

lets do both the 23rd or the 1st. and the 8th

magilson

Post by magilson » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:16 pm

Crazy_Dog wrote:the 1st might be a better idea to. I don't know about the rest of ya but I have a tendency to forget things :s getting shown the computer there will be less sleeping time between then and the race.

I'll be available on the 8th for a second run down if need be.
actualy I'm going to plan on being avalable on the 8th so that if anyone who wants to, I'll be avalable to show the computer to again or answer any questions that might come up.

lets do both the 23rd or the 1st. and the 8th
I can be available for any of those dates. I'm available for most any of these kinds of things. We just need to have someone say,'This is when it is. This is when you will show up." :thumbup:
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

magilson

Post by magilson » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:22 pm

I'm going to edit the front page to show when we will hold this meeting. Once it is decided I can also send out periodic e-mails to remind people of the upcoming meeting. Hell, if we share phone numbers id even be willing to call everyone on the "phone tree" to remind them to show up. Should I proceed with that?
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:34 pm

I make a motion that we plan to meet on March 1st and 8th, per Jonathon's recommendation.

Springfield Imports has generously offered the use of their conference room. I'm proposing a 2:00 pm meeting.

Someone PLEASE second this motion...

JimR

Post by JimR » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:38 pm

I could do 2PM on March 1.

For an out-of-towner, an afternoon would be a good time for me.

I also like 3/1 over 3/8 to give time to extra prepare for the unexpected. Details, equipment failure, etc., etc., etc.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

magilson

Post by magilson » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:58 pm

zoomzoom wrote:I make a motion that we plan to meet on March 1st and 8th, per Jonathon's recommendation.

Springfield Imports has generously offered the use of their conference room. I'm proposing a 2:00 pm meeting.

Someone PLEASE second this motion...
I second. I'll include both dates on the front page. If we decide not to meet the 8th then I will remove it.
Last edited by magilson on Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:20 pm

Just noticed, meetings scheduled on Saturday, will not work for me... as i work untill 5 every saturday.... But, its ok... im sure you guys can figure it all out without me... My goal this year, is simply to help a lot! and throw out ideas when i can. 8)
speed is relative... ...but the feeling is absolute

magilson

Post by magilson » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:08 pm

Well it'd be nice if it wasn't just Chuck and I. Who else will be able to attend? It's time to step up to the plate!
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI