We Now Officially Need a New Venue!

Announcements and news concerning OMRSCCA business.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox, springfielddyno, Ted Wells

AutoXChris

We Now Officially Need a New Venue!

Post by AutoXChris » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:41 am

As per Gilsons Suggestion. I took a swing by the ole Stadium. To my surprise, the Lot, due to all the rain and bad weather we are having, and use of heavy machinery therein... caused some SERIOUS damage!

Sorry Race Fans!

What we know...

Whats New... :x :(

This is normally where the crossovers begin or end.... this is around the beginning of the L shape at the bottom the the hill.

Where the Hairpins/keyhole is suppose to be!

This is a bad deal! And looking at the rest of the lot... we are getting a LOT of Cracking. I'd venture to say that 1/3 of the back section that we use to do crossovers and turn-a-rounds have mild to severe cracking!

This Lot is not going to last very long at all...

SO IT IS TIME... I need to find out what and who i need to contact about the fairgrounds... hope that they arent rediculous!

And what about the place in Neosho Jim? 8)
speed is relative... ...but the feeling is absolute

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:57 pm

I'm pretty sure Curtis Wood (our R.E.), was planning to meet with someone about the fairgrounds lot. I know the President of the fair board, and Curtis is pretty sure the same guy happens to be one of his neighbors. Curtis will probably be able to tell us more tomorrow.

The real question is: Can you design a safe, challenging course for Event #2, given the lot conditions?

zoomzoom

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:01 pm

You'd also think the guy managing the lot would have had some sort of agreement with OTC's driving school concerning lot repair if damage occurred. We should be so lucky...

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:58 pm

zoomzoom wrote: The real question is: Can you design a safe, challenging course for Event #2, given the lot conditions?

zoomzoom
Of Course! :lol:

Im going to go down there tonight and play around!

JimR

Post by JimR » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:36 am

The ruts in the pictures were there for the first event. We can still put safe courses on the site, but the uniqueness of each event may be limited as time goes on.

We are going to have a trust-building phase with new sites. If we can land Neosho or Fairgrounds, the first use may not be a Solo, but a SCCA Street Survival school or other non-competitive event.

Unless something drastically changed from March, we should still be able to continue using Ducks for a while.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

Crazy_Dog
Location: Hangin out at the Stick, lookin at a thing in a bag

Post by Crazy_Dog » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:41 am

Lots are in the process of being looked at.

if anyone knows of one, post a location and some basic contact info for the lot owner and the solo2 committee will present it to the board after checking things out.

I will note. that we request that members do not directly contact owners or people in charge of the lot as we have materials that are exceedingly professional and people who are trained for the contact phaze of lot acquisition.

so no worries, you find the lot, find out a general idea who owns it, we will verify ownership/management then actually do the work of contacting :)
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

- Jonathan Fessenden, - OMR Board Member

magilson

Post by magilson » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:26 pm

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=springfie ... 6&t=h&z=17

Duck's lot for comparison. They should be about right as far as actual size comparion...

The light gray one in the middle of the picture. It's not THAT big. We could do a two lap thing or just a shorter, more technical course. It's open, no trees or banks. No elevation changes but I didn't notice much lot damage either. Problem is that while seemingly unused it is close to a neighborhood and medical buildings. Someone else check it out and let me know what you think!
Last edited by magilson on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:30 pm

Might talk to the Porsche Club About that... I know they have rented that site for a few PCA Autocross events!