OMR board meeting 5/6/08

Announcements and news concerning OMRSCCA business.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox, springfielddyno, Ted Wells

JimR

OMR board meeting 5/6/08

Post by JimR » Mon May 05, 2008 10:02 am

The OMRSCCA Board of Directors meeting is tomorrow night at Schultz & Dooley's Too, 3512 S National Ave, 7PM.

I plan on being there. Are there any Solo items that need to be brought up? Brainstorm them, and stop on by, or post up and we'll talk 'em.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

magilson

Re: OMR board meeting 5/6/08

Post by magilson » Mon May 05, 2008 2:05 pm

JimR wrote:The OMRSCCA Board of Directors meeting is tomorrow night at Schultz & Dooley's Too, 3512 S National Ave, 7PM.

I plan on being there. Are there any Solo items that need to be brought up? Brainstorm them, and stop on by, or post up and we'll talk 'em.
I'll be there and there a few small items I'd like to discuss. We have to make sure the bathrooms (and trash!) will be accessible. Status of trophy's would be nice to know mainly because we get harassed at the trailer after each race. :wink:

Status of a new lot? Additional "New Member" forms? I need to get a hold of the PA system this next weekend so that I can get this freaking Radio thing working!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure I may think of a few more. Glad to hear you'll be there!
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Mon May 05, 2008 8:48 pm

I was planning to be there, but discovered that my daughter has a school function that takes priority.

Matt, is MoEuro meeting at Quoda this weekend? If so, do we want to have an AX planning meeting for the next event?

magilson

Post by magilson » Mon May 05, 2008 9:22 pm

zoomzoom wrote:I was planning to be there, but discovered that my daughter has a school function that takes priority.

Matt, is MoEuro meeting at Quoda this weekend? If so, do we want to have an AX planning meeting for the next event?
Yes, we are. If you guys want to show up early again I can do that.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Tue May 06, 2008 5:14 pm

OK, let's plan on 5:30 pm again. Please post if you are able to attend.

zoomzoom

JimR

Post by JimR » Wed May 07, 2008 10:01 am

zoomzoom wrote:OK, let's plan on 5:30 pm again. Please post if you are able to attend.

zoomzoom
Would you mind posting a reminder here or in the Timing & Scoring section? Some people might see "board meeting that already happened" and skip reading this thread. ;)

JimR

Post by JimR » Wed May 07, 2008 10:03 am

These are by no means official board meeting minutes (I didn't take the notes), just some high points from our discussions for everyone's benefit:

- Progress towards trophies. As a small region, trophies can eat up any money made beyond our break-even point. However, they're a must and a draw for new entrants. It looks like we have something cool in the works that will be act as a momento, be versatile, and not empty the club treasury.

- Talking towards a possible non-points event with the Vette Club in July in Joplin. All competitors would be invited. Tentative, will work on coordinating very soon.

- Possibly hosting a Tire Rack Street Survival defensive driving school for teen drivers at Springfield Fairgrounds. Their board will consider our proposal in a few weeks. Could be a good trust-building exercise for the club in securing the site for Solo2 events.

- Recommendation to seek out a membership chairperson/coordinator, help make sure weekend membership forms are sent to SCCA on time, and follow up via e-mail.

- Fun-run structure. Since we're now required by the SCCA to limit fun runs to paid entrants (and therefore legitimate permanent or weekend SCCA members) in tech'd cars, the emphasis will be on maximizing timed runs during the heats. Fun runs may be allowed as time permits, but not promised or expected.

Present: Sam, Jeff, me, Matt, Ben, Forrest, Curtis.