We need more Solo Safety Stewards!!!

Motorsports banter, suggestions, ideas, and general armchair racing.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

flogger

We need more Solo Safety Stewards!!!

Post by flogger » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:44 am

Here's a link to register for a SSS webinar class @ 10PM Central Time on May 10th

https://register.gotowebinar.com/regist ... 7301963267

Please do this. We are very low on SSSes now that a couple long time regular Safety Stewards are no longer frequenting our events. At last Sunday's autocross I had to run in the colder morning group even though my class was scheduled to be in the afternoon because the only other SSS that was there was Bud and he and his larger class were running in the second heat.

There are also other webinars scheduled for July and September, but we need this done now.
If you register for this and attend, please let me know, because it will affect some of my planning and scheduling for our next events. Thanks.

Also, registration for previous instances of these webinars has closed due to a max # of people before, so I recommend registering now while you can. Thanks.

Scott
Scott Woosley

mulkio

Re: We need more Solo Safety Stewards!!!

Post by mulkio » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:15 am

I signed up for this, even if it is after my bedtime! The wording on the last Question leads one to believe the webinar is on Monday, while the top says Thursday.
J. MULKEY
17 WRX
# 8 DS

Kent

Post by Kent » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:58 pm

I took the last one, I need to shadow for two events.

Kent

thojoewen86

Post by thojoewen86 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:01 pm

I’ve signed up for the webinar.

Thomas Wenrich

thojoewen86

Post by thojoewen86 » Sun May 13, 2018 9:34 am

Training complete. I’ll need to shadow 2 events, if I can be scheduled in for the next event that’d be great

flogger

Post by flogger » Mon May 14, 2018 3:08 pm

Assuming we have enough attendees to cover all positions this Saturday and Sunday, I'm hoping to have you and Kent shadow both days so we have you both available as SSSes immediately following those events. I've also arranged for a SSS school to take place Friday night at Crowder before the MiDiv so we can get even more, and also because I figure some other regions have the same problem of not enough SSSes.

I'll keep you guys posted WRT logistics for this weekend.

Thanks,

Scott
thojoewen86 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 9:34 am
Training complete. I’ll need to shadow 2 events, if I can be scheduled in for the next event that’d be great
Scott Woosley

mulkio

Post by mulkio » Tue May 15, 2018 5:55 am

I also need to shadow! Hopefully this weekend.
J. MULKEY
17 WRX
# 8 DS

flogger

Post by flogger » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:41 pm

SCCA is showing me that Kent and Jason M. are now official SSSes. Yay!

I understand that Thomas Wenrich and Cindy Hodges have done the training, and now we need to get them through the shadowing process. If anybody else is in that state, please let me know.

We held a SSS class Friday night before the MiDiv, but the only region member that signed up for it was Bud, in order to extend his license.
Thanks to those of you who are stepping up, but we could still use more. I had to move to a different heat with worse conditions than what my regular schedule would have given me for an event earlier this year when Bud and I were the only SSSes in attendance. It kind of sucked, but if Bud hadn't shown up that day I wouldn't have gotten to run at all. If we get enough SSSes licensed, then nobody will get short changed in that way.

Thanks
Scott Woosley

mulkio

Post by mulkio » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:39 am

Yes, it is official. Got my new hard card and it is marked SSS, good for 3 years! I have looked for a printable version of the incident report, with no luck. If anyone has a link to one post it up.
Thanks
J. MULKEY
17 WRX
# 8 DS

flogger

Post by flogger » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:31 am

Jason,

It's on SCCA.com in the File Cabinet under "Insurance". I don't know if everyone has read access rights to it, or if it's restricted in some way. I'll email a copy of the pdf to you, JIC. Also, I printed a few copies of this newer style form a number of months ago and put them in the trailer. Somewhere.

Scott
Scott Woosley