OMRSCCA Solo2 Event #1 :: 04/10/2011

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

SilverYota

OMRSCCA Solo2 Event #1 :: 04/10/2011

Post by SilverYota » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:56 pm

OMRSCCA Regional Solo2 Event #1
Sunday, April 10th, 2011
Crowder Truck Driving School
Neosho, Missouri [Map]

Ozark Mountain Region SCCA invites you to join us on 375,000 square feet of smooth, unobstructed asphalt at the Crowder College Truck Driving School in Neosho, Missouri. 8)

Register Online!
[Click for online registration powered by MotorsportReg]
Note: 2011 events will use online registration via MotorsportReg. Additional registration instructions here.

Event Information Car Numbers and Classes
Car Numbers are exclusive for the 2011 season, meaning only one person is allowed to run a number during the entire year no matter what class you are in (e.g. Car number 76 Matt L in ST, you would not be able to use 76 even if you ran a different class). During pre-registration if a # is not shown when it is time to pick your car # then it is already in use this year.

Amenities
There are gas stations, WalMart, and fast food on Highway 59 about a mile North of the intersection of MO-D. There is no air available at the site, so prepare accordingly. We anticipate making lunch available on-site.

Directions from Springfield
Take I-44 to US 71 South, and exit at Highway 60 Neosho/Seneca. Go East to the light at US 59/71B (WalMart will be on your right). Turn right to go South on 59, and follow the signs for Crowder College and Highway MO-D. Turn left onto MO-D, and it will take you straight to Crowder College. Once you reach the stop sign at the entrance of Crowder, turn right onto Doniphan and head towards the windmill. Turn left just past the windmill, and follow the SCCA signs and cones to the site.

Coming from somewhere else? Plug it into Google Maps:
[Google Maps - Crowder College]

Site Map - click to view

Run / Work
If we have over 80 entrants, we will go to a three-heat format based on a first-come, first-served basis:

Work heat 1 / Drive heat 3
Work heat 2 / Drive heat 1
Work heat 3 / Drive heat 2

Work assignments will be balanced to ensure even work coverage for all stations in all heats. If you show up at the last minute, your choice may be full. If you show up late, you will not be able to participate at all!

See you there!
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

fordfocusguy

Post by fordfocusguy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:30 pm

I would like to come, but I currently have no tires for the Focus and no money to buy new ones. Would anybody be potentially looking for a codriver? Obviously we would come up with compensation. :)

FlatBlack

Post by FlatBlack » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:20 am

fordfocusguy wrote:I would like to come, but I currently have no tires for the Focus and no money to buy new ones. Would anybody be potentially looking for a codriver? Obviously we would come up with compensation. :)
If you're desperate, I might be able to offer a ride in F Stock. I will know for sure about a week before the event. It's rocking rubbish street 245s on a very heavy car.

Otherwise, can't wait to get out there, see you all on the tarmac!
Mat #67
96 Nissan 240SX [SM]
05 Forester XT [SM]
02 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 5.3L [Tow Rig]

stanbell

Post by stanbell » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:44 pm

if you can't find a seat anywhere else, drive my SM mustang. no compensation required, but you do have to agree not to flatspot the tires. no ABS.

give a shout a few days ahead, stan at stanbell.com
66 mustang, 72 124 fiat FProduction, 91 miata ES/STS, 95 mustang SM, 97 F150, 99 Neon SF (yes!), 00 911 C4 AS, 05 CLK500, 05 triumph speed four, 06 F250, 07 ducati 1098, 13 330i, & a few cows. 93 miata ES now in Mr France's capable hands, long may she autox.

Ironhead

Post by Ironhead » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:10 pm

I thought Kenne Bell was your new full time co-driver as of this season?

Made sense to me given the last names. :P
Korry
1996 Camaro Z28 - 96 ESP
Simple and crude, but effective. The car too.

FrankL

Post by FrankL » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:02 am

Registered in STR. Hopefully changing rear springs to get rid of a push problem. This is gonna be the year we switch from one ridiculously competitive national class to ANOTHER ridiculously competitive national class, that can't even be a "NATIONAL CHAMPION" at nationals, until MAYBE next year. Oh well. :lol:
Miatas. Lots of them. Nearly every flavor. Lots of mods to some. Not much to others.

JimR

Post by JimR » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:54 am

Online pre-registration closes at 11:59 PM on Friday evening.

Please pre-register. It saves you, the registration volunteers, and everyone in line a lot of time.

Also, SCCA members get a $5 discount on their entry fee for pre-registering online.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

craigb

Post by craigb » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:17 pm

I know an event isn't necessarily cancelled for rain, but what if it's a thunderstorm?

I have to work Sunday, unless it rains out the bracket race. Depending on what time that might be I might try to make the auto-x.
Craig

rad_dsm

Post by rad_dsm » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:24 pm

FrankL wrote:Registered in STR. Hopefully changing rear springs to get rid of a push problem. This is gonna be the year we switch from one ridiculously competitive national class to ANOTHER ridiculously competitive national class, that can't even be a "NATIONAL CHAMPION" at nationals, until MAYBE next year. Oh well. :lol:
Are you still going since your trying to sell your car?

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:50 pm

craigb wrote:I know an event isn't necessarily cancelled for rain, but what if it's a thunderstorm?
There is a "Lightning Rule" that puts a halt to the festivities, but otherwise: come prepared for a Deluge. There may be disposable ponchos available for a small donation - but don't count on it.
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:31 am

Is there anyone that could be at the event fairly early (7:30 timeframe) to be the 2nd person at the waiver station, the early morning to Drivers Meeting shift? Natasha won't be at this event so we could really use the help at the gate, and remember this counts as your work assignment for the day.

Remember everyone today is the last day to pre-register and even if you are a little on the fence whether you can make it or not, then you really should go ahead and register anyways (there is no penalty for not showing up if something comes up). Really there are only advantages to pre-registration:
  • 1. $5 discount for SCCA club members
    2. Much shorter time in line at the registration trailer
    3. You get to reserve your car # and you will be using it all of 2011(members that ran with us last year already have their # reserved)
So, we should all be sure to bring plenty of rain gear (my hope is that if we all show up prepared the rain might hold off) and come on out to have a good time on Sunday.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:14 pm

Results will not be posted tonight (I need to verify about 5 persons first runs and do not have the back up timing scoring sheets with me). I apologize for the delay but I hope that we can get it straightened out and posted in the next couple of days.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

Ironhead

Post by Ironhead » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:11 pm

To keep everyone entertained until the results are posted... I offer the following....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlfup6VkLao
Korry
1996 Camaro Z28 - 96 ESP
Simple and crude, but effective. The car too.

stanbell

Post by stanbell » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:23 pm

good flix
66 mustang, 72 124 fiat FProduction, 91 miata ES/STS, 95 mustang SM, 97 F150, 99 Neon SF (yes!), 00 911 C4 AS, 05 CLK500, 05 triumph speed four, 06 F250, 07 ducati 1098, 13 330i, & a few cows. 93 miata ES now in Mr France's capable hands, long may she autox.

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:24 pm

After several phone calls to verify the times, here we go:

Results have been posted.
Ironhead wrote:To keep everyone entertained until the results are posted... I offer the following....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlfup6VkLao
Korry those were great videos, and I especially liked your line into the short slalom after the 180. It's really close to what I had in my head, but I just never seemed to get there. Congrats on the Top PAX for the day, and thank you for setting up such a fun course.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2