OMRSCCA SOLO Event #6 :: 08/26/2012

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

SilverYota

OMRSCCA SOLO Event #6 :: 08/26/2012

Post by SilverYota » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:48 pm

OMRSCCA Regional Solo Event #6
Sunday, August 26th, 2012
Ducks Stadium
Ozark, MO
[Map]

Register Online
Click for online registration powered by MotorsportReg
Events will use online registration via MotorsportReg. Additional registration instructions here.

Event Information Important Times
8:00am - Registration opens
10:00am - Registration closes
10:15am - Drivers meeting
10:30am - Timed runs begin.

Be on time to keep the event running smoothly! Latecomers may not be allowed to compete.

What do I need?
- Entry fee: $25 for SCCA Members, but anyone that pre-registers will receive a $5 discount
- Entry fee: $35 Weekend Membership for non-SCCA members
- Valid driver's license
- Safe car in good working condition

Car Numbers and Classes
Car Numbers are exclusive for the 2012 season, meaning only one person is allowed to run a number during the entire year no matter what class you are in (e.g. Car number 76 Matt L in ST, you would not be able to use 76 even if you ran a different class). During pre-registration if a # is not shown when it is time to pick your car # then it is already in use this year.

Amenities
There are gas stations, an O'Reilly's, and fast food just off the exit at 65. There is no air available at the site, so prepare according. We anticipate making lunch available on-site but not have not finalized plans yet. We will have a lunch break between heats.

Directions from Springfield
Take 65 Hwy South to the CC exit, turn left at the top of the exit, then turn right at the light just after Lambert's. Follow the road to the right when you come to the Y, and it will lead you directly to Ducks Stadium

See you there!
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

JimR

Post by JimR » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:25 am

Registered.

I might remember to put the rear swaybar back on the Miata for this one. :P
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:49 am

i'm in...

please don't blow up, please don't blow up...

sam

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:58 pm

Tomorrow is the last day to pre-register so let us know if you are going to be there.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

1nitroustracer

Post by 1nitroustracer » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:25 pm

I'm good as well although it looks as if my class lettering will not be here in time for the race. For the first time I can use shoe polish correct?

please don't blow up, please don't blow up... x2 btw lol
(THE ROTARY ENGINE.......................)
communism worked in theory also

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:07 pm

1nitroustracer wrote:For the first time I can use shoe polish correct?
Please don't......

if you can make it Legible and Contrasting - you may use painter's tape - they have it in more colours than Blue (if you have a blue or black car).

Also - vinyl electric tape works quite well - any small residue left comes off easily with some detailer (or a dab of isopropyl on a microfibre, at worst). There are myriad colours of that available at Lowes, ect. for about $3 a roll. 1 roll will do about 3-4 cars.....

CONTRAST and LEGIBLE. 8"-10" numbers, 4" class-letters.

Thanks!
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

JimR

Post by JimR » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:00 am

Low-tack tape is the word. We may have some blue painter's tape in the timing trailer.

1nitroustracer

Post by 1nitroustracer » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:13 am

I have a blue car so It looks as if I will be buying some white or black tomorrow.
(THE ROTARY ENGINE.......................)
communism worked in theory also

JimR

Post by JimR » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:54 pm

Thank you to all who attended, especially those who did the "dirty jobs." Oh man, if you looked at the forecast and stayed home, you missed out. It sprinkled very briefly, but was nice and mild all day long.

This was my favorite course in recent memory. Great speed maintenance affair.

Hats off to Don Wilson and the sweeperwagon. That was awesome. I was the second car on course at the beginning of the event, and my first run was just a few tenths off my sixth and best run. Very consistent surface after the sweeping. Your first few runs at Ducks in the first heat are usually reconnaissance passes. Not so today. You got to "do your thang" right out of the gate.

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:40 pm

Results have been posted.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:24 pm

thanks matt! super fast on getting the results up.

Well, the new engine didn't blow up. Always a plus. I may have to find a way to knock the sound down for next year... It has a chambered muffler, but apparently it's going to need more than that? I can't tell if I like the sound, or if I think it's the worst thing I've ever heard. We were working on the chassis set-up and it's getting better. The slighlty stiffer rear springs and tender springs got the car to rotate well enough... Almost too much until we changed some shock settings...

Track was fun. A couple sections were faster than I thought they would be. Thanks to dad for coming out and helping keep the tires warm... Fewer "hold the starts" in the second heat would have been a big help. But I'm sure the workers would have said to quit knocking down cones ;)

Good job Opie and Bud! I knew I was in trouble PAX wise when it was all I could do to get a couple tenths up on Opie and Bud in the 40's with an FS car... Mark and Justin were close enough I didn't know how that'd shake out! But Opie and Bud owned everyone today!

I guess it's time to put on a set of proper stickers and go see how things shake out at Nebraska...

budweeks

Post by budweeks » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:13 am

Fun day with a great course! I can't believe the rain held off. I drove through rain both directions between Ozark and Pittsburg.

Thanks to all the great folks who had a hand in putting the event all together and making it work....Justin, Sara, Stan, Tim, Scott, Matt, Jim, Mark, Opie, (who am I leaving out?) and all the rest who helped and worked. And also Don for bringing the ASB (A Stock Broom) out to sweep.

The whole course was good, but I especially liked the finish...being able to just about (but not quite) flat-foot it through the final slalom was great.

Bud

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:46 am

yes, that broom was great! we may have to start driving it during lunch break too!