OMRSCCA SOLO Event #2 :: 4/14/2013

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

SilverYota

OMRSCCA SOLO Event #2 :: 4/14/2013

Post by SilverYota » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:52 pm

OMRSCCA Regional Solo Event #2
Sunday, April 14th, 2013
Ducks Stadium
Ozark, MO
[Map]

Register Online
Click for online registration powered by MotorsportReg
Events will use online registration via MotorsportReg. Additional registration instructions here.

Event Information Important Times
8:00am - Registration opens
10:00am - Registration closes
10:15am - Drivers meeting
10:30am - Timed runs begin.

Be on time to keep the event running smoothly! Latecomers may not be allowed to compete.

What do I need?
- Entry fee: $25 for SCCA Members, but anyone that pre-registers will receive a $5 discount
- Entry fee: $35 Weekend Membership for non-SCCA members
- Valid driver's license
- Safe car in good working condition

Car Numbers and Classes
Car Numbers are exclusive for the 2012 season, meaning only one person is allowed to run a number during the entire year no matter what class you are in (e.g. Car number 76 Matt L in ST, you would not be able to use 76 even if you ran a different class). During pre-registration if a # is not shown when it is time to pick your car # then it is already in use this year.

Amenities
There are gas stations, an O'Reilly's, and fast food just off the exit at 65. There is no air available at the site, so prepare according. We anticipate making lunch available on-site but not have not finalized plans yet. We will have a lunch break between heats.

Directions from Springfield
Take 65 Hwy South to the CC exit, turn left at the top of the exit, then turn right at the light just after Lambert's. Follow the road to the right when you come to the Y, and it will lead you directly to Ducks Stadium

See you there!
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

rad_dsm

Post by rad_dsm » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:14 pm

Ill be there. Hoping to knock off the rust before my evo school.

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:32 pm

Registered. Hope the weatherpeeps call it right on the extended forecast. Due to my "tuner" wing and backseat removed, I entered in EP. Pepe' will be the weakest EP car entered. :lol:

++EDIT++ I put the silencer in the muffler when I took Pepe's to So. Carolina a few weeks back and decided yesterday to take it back out. While driving around Springfield I noticed a blubber in the exhaust note. Figuring it was time for new plugs I tore into him and decided to check compression while the plugs were out.
#1 185
#2 180
#3 115
#4 190
OUCH. Oiled the cylinder and no increase so either burnt valve or piston in number 3. :( I need to withdraw my registration. Booo. Now I must budget in an engine rebuild. Grrrr. I guess karma bit me for bragging on Pepe's 400K mark. :(
Last edited by Unstable on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing

rad_dsm

Post by rad_dsm » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:46 pm

Who's course designer?

The Huff

Post by The Huff » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:14 am

rad_dsm wrote:Who's course designer?
Most likely Bud.
Justin Huffman
Asst. R.E.

budweeks

Course

Post by budweeks » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:00 am

Yup, so what kind of a course do we all want for Sunday? I nice open course for the ground-pounders? A technical course for the intellectually inclined? Some tight-a** thing that no one would like?

Well, the truth is I haven't a clue at this point. I will be driving with Forrest in his Mazda 3 in anticipation of selling the Shelby and getting a smaller car, like a Mini Cooper perhaps. So the course really won't matter to me since I am at square one and the car is not really competitive. But I do wish to have a course that all can enjoy, so I hope it will have some challenging sections as well as "yee-haw" parts.

Come out and help and you can have some say-so.

Bud

JimR

Post by JimR » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:18 am

Ahh, the crowd-sourced reverse psychology. Narrow stop-go-stop-go "Miata" courses actually favor acceleration cars, and "power" courses are really Miata-loving momentum shows. Don't tell anyone, but if I had any say as a Miata pilot, it would be to please not make a "Miata" course. ;)

I'll be there to help with whatever is needed.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:42 pm

make course that's fun... thight, narrow courses are for 1980 autocrosses where you had to worry about and MG wheel falling off or something...

Besides, ESP got such a soft pax this year, all they'll have to do is make it through the course without cones and it's FTD. Shoot, Mark may not even need to put R's on. THe new math is not pretty.

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:22 pm

springfielddyno wrote:tight, narrow courses are for 1980 autocrosses where you had to worry about a MG wheel falling off or something
Sometimes a wheel can come off an Alfa, even these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r6uiE8ZQZw
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:43 pm

LOL That even happens on the circle tracks. Two years ago at Midway a guy started second row inside at the start came out of turn 2 and turned hard right into the car next to him because the wheel wasn't locked on and came off. Doh !!!

PS: If Pepe' wasn't running on 3 1/2 cylinders he would prefer a tighter fun course. Going pull the engine down tomorrow and see how bad it is and hope to make it Sunday. :?
Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Unstable wrote:PS: If Pepe' wasn't running on 3 1/2 cylinders he would prefer a tighter fun course. Going pull the engine down tomorrow and see how bad it is and hope to make it Sunday. :?
You'd Better.

You show up, Pepe' or not - we'll find something for you to drive.
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

markyf

Does anyone want to win?

Post by markyf » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:40 pm

Conclusions:
1. Sunday will be fun no matter how the course is designed.
2. Everyone will still have to drive their a$$ off to win.
3. If you really want to win, buy that Shelby that is freshly out of the championship winners circle. Maybe he can bring it for some test drives on Sunday.
Mark F
'99 Firebird Formula 6-speed hardtop ESP
'99 Trans Am WS6 6-speed black ragtop ESP
'69 Z28 silver/black DZ302 4-speed SOLD

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:45 am

SilverYota wrote:
springfielddyno wrote:tight, narrow courses are for 1980 autocrosses where you had to worry about a MG wheel falling off or something
Sometimes a wheel can come off an Alfa, even these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r6uiE8ZQZw
Great timing on that vidoe Matt!!!

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:46 am

I'm about out of chocolate easter eggs from the last event... Can we have candy again instead of trophys!

sam

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:20 pm

springfielddyno wrote:I'm about out of chocolate easter eggs from the last event... Can we have candy again instead of trophys!

sam
Something might could be arranged.

If yer GOOD......
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."