SOLO Event #4 :: 06/23/2013

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

SilverYota

SOLO Event #4 :: 06/23/2013

Post by SilverYota » Mon May 27, 2013 2:41 pm

OMRSCCA SOLO Event #4
Sunday, June 23rd, 2013
Crowder Truck Driving School
Neosho, Missouri [Map]

THIS EVENT WILL BE AT A NEW LOT ADJACENT TO THE SKIDPAD LOT THAT WE USED TO RUN ON.

This Skipad Lot is not available for events.

Register Online!
[Click for online registration powered by MotorsportReg]
Note: 2013 events will use online registration via MotorsportReg. Additional registration instructions here.

Event Information Car Numbers and Classes
Car Numbers are exclusive for the 2013 season, meaning only one person is allowed to run a number during the entire year no matter what class you are in (e.g. Car number 76 Matt L in STC, you would not be able to use 76 even if you ran a different class). During pre-registration if a # is not shown when it is time to pick your car # then it is already in use this year.

Amenities
There are gas stations, WalMart, and fast food on Highway 59 about a mile North of the intersection of MO-D. There is no air available at the site, so prepare accordingly. We anticipate making lunch available on-site.

Directions from Springfield
Take I-44 to US 71 South, and exit at Highway 60 Neosho/Seneca. Go East to the light at US 59/71B (WalMart will be on your right). Turn right to go South on 59, and follow the signs for Crowder College and Highway MO-D. Turn left onto MO-D, and it will take you straight to Crowder College. Once you reach the stop sign at the entrance of Crowder, turn right onto Doniphan and head towards the windmill. Turn left just past the windmill, and follow the SCCA signs and cones to the site.

Coming from somewhere else? Plug it into Google Maps:
[Google Maps - Crowder College]

Run / Work
If we have over 80 entrants, we will go to a three-heat format based on a first-come, first-served basis:

Work heat 1 / Drive heat 3
Work heat 2 / Drive heat 1
Work heat 3 / Drive heat 2

Work assignments will be balanced to ensure even work coverage for all stations in all heats. If you show up at the last minute, your choice may be full. If you show up late, you will not be able to participate at all!

See you there!

Edit: site map below.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

rad_dsm

Post by rad_dsm » Mon May 27, 2013 4:19 pm

Is there any chance we get big lot back? Bc it looked like FEMA is removing trailers.

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Mon May 27, 2013 5:15 pm

rad_dsm wrote:Is there any chance we get big lot back? Bc it looked like FEMA is removing trailers.
The last we heard FEMA was supposed to be gone by July 1st, but please keep in mind this is the second or third date that they were going to be gone. They are moving some out but I spoke with a FEMA hired Security guy the morning of the event and he said that there were still 13 mobiles that were still occupied. Once the people move out then they still need to go to the Crowder lot to be processed, and only then does the process of getting rid of them start.

IF
(notice that is a big if) the lot is cleared off then I believe we will be given the opportunity to use it. Realistically I think we will be waiting until our fall event for that, but it would be awesome if it opened up.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

crazycalm

Post by crazycalm » Tue May 28, 2013 3:29 pm

Hey all, this will be my first time down to Neosho for an event. Anything I should know ahead of time? I've been running in KC Region's RTR class. Is there such a class here or just G Stock?
Jeff Bartz
2011 Genesis Coupe - #82 GS

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Tue May 28, 2013 4:14 pm

Welcome Jeff!

Yes, we have the RTR class here - you'll be up against a few DS and FS guys.
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

rad_dsm

Post by rad_dsm » Tue May 28, 2013 7:59 pm

crazycalm wrote:Hey all, this will be my first time down to Neosho for an event. Anything I should know ahead of time? I've been running in KC Region's RTR class. Is there such a class here or just G Stock?
Hey Jeff, it's Radlee from the evo school, I'm glad to see you coming down.

crazycalm

Post by crazycalm » Wed May 29, 2013 7:21 am

Bullitt2954 wrote:Yes, we have the RTR class here - you'll be up against a few DS and FS guys.
OK I think I signed up correctly for it.
rad_dsm wrote:Hey Jeff, it's Radlee from the evo school, I'm glad to see you coming down.
Thanks! Hopefully you won't use those new skills to beat me too badly. :D
Jeff Bartz
2011 Genesis Coupe - #82 GS

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Wed May 29, 2013 8:37 am

crazycalm wrote:
Bullitt2954 wrote:Yes, we have the RTR class here - you'll be up against a few DS and FS guys.
OK I think I signed up correctly for it.
I just checked and yes your are in RTR. Thank you for pre-registering, it really does help the line move quickly at the trailer.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

craigb

Post by craigb » Fri May 31, 2013 8:23 am

Before I per-register, I just want to double check that a 2003 Ford Focus SVT would still be in H-Stock (only has aftermarket struts/shocks)?
Craig

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Fri May 31, 2013 8:28 am

craigb wrote:Before I per-register, I just want to double check that a 2003 Ford Focus SVT would still be in H-Stock (only has aftermarket struts/shocks)?
2013 Focus ST (G-Stock) is the only one shows other than H-Stock.
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

craigb

Post by craigb » Fri May 31, 2013 9:58 am

Bullitt2954 wrote:2013 Focus ST (G-Stock) is the only one shows other than H-Stock.
Good deal, last time I ran a buddy's Focus SVT in H-stock. Just wanted to make sure it was the same.
Craig

flogger

Post by flogger » Fri May 31, 2013 10:01 am

A 2003 Focus SVT with typical aftermarket shocks/struts would currently be in H Stock. IIRC, it was a G Stock car through about 2009 or so and has been reclassed down to H Stock nowadays. Theoretically, it should be highly competitive in H Stock.
Scott Woosley

craigb

Post by craigb » Fri May 31, 2013 10:05 am

flogger wrote:Theoretically, it should be highly competitive in H Stock.
That's just a theory. Wait until you see the two numbskulls driving. :lol:

Edit: Messed up the registration a bit, meant to have one of us a 96 and the other 66, so we can just flip over a number. Matt, can you fix that for me, please? I tried, but it doesn't look like it took hold.
Craig

Ironhead

Post by Ironhead » Fri May 31, 2013 11:57 am

craigb wrote:Edit: Messed up the registration a bit, meant to have one of us a 96 and the other 66, so we can just flip over a number. Matt, can you fix that for me, please? I tried, but it doesn't look like it took hold.
I believe car number 96 may not be available. :wink:

*ahem*
Ironhead wrote: Image
I made my two events last year which I believe is Matt's minimum to keep your number.

And yes, I should be at this one. I actually plan on doing the course as well (per my text exchange with Justin).
Korry
1996 Camaro Z28 - 96 ESP
Simple and crude, but effective. The car too.

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Fri May 31, 2013 12:55 pm

Craig, I have you down as 166 and your co-driver as 66. This is the required way of numbering for driver and co-driver at all Divsional/National events and just the standard that most use at regional events. You just move the 1 up to the roof when it isn't needed.

Korry has the perm #96 and it is not available.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2