SOLO Event #5 :: 8/11/2013

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

SilverYota

SOLO Event #5 :: 8/11/2013

Post by SilverYota » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:55 pm

OMRSCCA Regional Solo Event #5
Sunday, August 11th, 2013
Ducks Stadium
Ozark, MO
[Map]

Register Online
Click for online registration powered by MotorsportReg
Events will use online registration via MotorsportReg. Additional registration instructions here.

Event Information Important Times
8:00am - Registration opens
10:00am - Registration closes
10:15am - Drivers meeting
10:30am - Timed runs begin.

Be on time to keep the event running smoothly! Latecomers may not be allowed to compete.

What do I need?
- Entry fee: $25 for SCCA Members, but anyone that pre-registers will receive a $5 discount
- Entry fee: $35 Weekend Membership for non-SCCA members
- Valid driver's license
- Safe car in good working condition

Car Numbers and Classes
Car Numbers are exclusive for the 2012 season, meaning only one person is allowed to run a number during the entire year no matter what class you are in (e.g. Car number 76 Matt L in ST, you would not be able to use 76 even if you ran a different class). During pre-registration if a # is not shown when it is time to pick your car # then it is already in use this year.

Amenities
There are gas stations, an O'Reilly's, and fast food just off the exit at 65. There is no air available at the site, so prepare according. We anticipate making lunch available on-site but not have not finalized plans yet. We will have a lunch break between heats.

Directions from Springfield
Take 65 Hwy South to the CC exit, turn left at the top of the exit, then turn right at the light just after Lambert's. Follow the road to the right when you come to the Y, and it will lead you directly to Ducks Stadium

See you there!
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

JimR

Post by JimR » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:02 pm

The Creeches had to go out of town for a family issue today. I can be safety steward if necessary. It looks like we have several other SSS signed up.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

budweeks

Post by budweeks » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:33 pm

Say, that was fun. You know, you get a new pair of eyes to set up a course and you get new elements and angles and features that you haven't seen before. Thanks to Scott for being course builder. It was an enjoyable yet challenging course.

Many many thanks to Matt for letting me drive the "Formula Longpine" racer. His FX16 has to be one of the best handling cars I've ever driven.

I appreciate the work Justin and Matt and all the others put in to have a great event.

Bud

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:59 pm

Results have been posted.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:17 pm

budweeks wrote:Say, that was fun. You know, you get a new pair of eyes to set up a course and you get new elements and angles and features that you haven't seen before. Thanks to Scott for being course builder. It was an enjoyable yet challenging course.
Another thank you to Scott.
budweeks wrote:Many many thanks to Matt for letting me drive the "Formula Longpine" racer. His FX16 has to be one of the best handling cars I've ever driven.
You are quite welcome sir and if you find yourself w/o a ride in the future don't hesitate to ask. No idea why I did so poorly out there today, I assumed you would finish ahead of me but wow I couldn't put a decent time down to save my life. I guess we all have bad days, and according to any other competitors that I am normally running with, this was definitely my bad day :(
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:14 am

thanks for a challenging course scott.
thanks to all who make the event possible...
nice drive in the FX 16 bud.
Opie and mark put down some wonderful 5th runs.

here is a little different POV... looking for a rubbing/grinding/bearing noise on hard rights... not very obvious in this video

Sam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvsrowiR-L8

Ironhead

Post by Ironhead » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:26 pm

Korry
1996 Camaro Z28 - 96 ESP
Simple and crude, but effective. The car too.

stanbell

Post by stanbell » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:02 pm

hey Kory nice driving, great position on the slalom cones. well done.
66 mustang, 72 124 fiat FProduction, 91 miata ES/STS, 95 mustang SM, 97 F150, 99 Neon SF (yes!), 00 911 C4 AS, 05 CLK500, 05 triumph speed four, 06 F250, 07 ducati 1098, 13 330i, & a few cows. 93 miata ES now in Mr France's capable hands, long may she autox.

flogger

Post by flogger » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:17 pm

Matt - thanks for posting results so quickly.

Justin, Sara, Tim, Matt and everyone else who comes out early, works hard and leaves late - thanks. These events don't happen without you guys.

Boy, was that a hard lot to design a course for. I knew about the big defects, but the recent rains caused even more issues with silt than I had expected. I struggled a bit with seeing all of the ramifications of each change I had to make on the fly and how they'd affect other sections of the course. Even during my heat I kept thinking about the course design and what could have been better and why, rather than focusing on my driving and how to improve that. My design philosophy for that course was basically to try to include some very technical elements that provided significant reward if they're driven well. The lane changes of varying lengths, and especially the decreasing radius slalom are a couple examples of this. I readily admit, though, that those types of elements are lot more fun on bigger lots with more space between cones and higher speeds.

Korry, I warned you before the event that the slalom was going to be hard. I saw your video - well done.

Oh, and Bud, I watched your last run from grid. It was really good. You sure as heck out drove me.

Sam - You figure out what's causing that noise yet?
Scott Woosley

stanbell

Post by stanbell » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:44 pm

sam, is the phantom suspension noise the little skitch sound at :47?

i noticed the sway bar at extreme right and some down at same time.

diff shifting side to side slightly but i don't think it quite coincided with the sound.

probably no help.

cool point of view tho, liked watching the suspension work
66 mustang, 72 124 fiat FProduction, 91 miata ES/STS, 95 mustang SM, 97 F150, 99 Neon SF (yes!), 00 911 C4 AS, 05 CLK500, 05 triumph speed four, 06 F250, 07 ducati 1098, 13 330i, & a few cows. 93 miata ES now in Mr France's capable hands, long may she autox.

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:28 am

Horsehammerr wrote:Sure is discouraging to see the LACK of interest in event #6 and the Lebanon Rally cross. Are we even having these two events. Hard to have an AutoX with just 5 entries or a RallyX with 3. :shock:
4wdrift wrote:I think maybe someone should check the online registration. I have registered twice and have yet to see it in the column for those sighned up.
Horsehammerr wrote:Well, that makes 6 for #6. All winners, all different classes. :roll:
I moved these from a "sticky" thread about registration since they all pertained specifically to this event.

4wdrift, if you would like help with resolving an issue with pre-registration it will only be possible if you identify yourself (I'm assuming that 4wdrift is not the name on your drivers license). Let me know who you are and I will check into the problem.

I don't think this is your problem but just an FYI to everyone, it can take up to 30mins or so for MotorsportReg to "refresh" and show your name in the listing.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:16 pm

being around Labor Day, school starting, WW III, etc..., several people's attentions are more centered with life than hobby. they will show up the day of the meet. the rallyx count has been low for reasons I do not understand. patience, the peeps will be there. I seldom know if I can run or not within a day of the event. :D
Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing