SOLO Event #7 :: 10/13/2013

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

SilverYota

SOLO Event #7 :: 10/13/2013

Post by SilverYota » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:43 am

OMRSCCA SOLO Event #7
Sunday, Oct 13th, 2013
Crowder Truck Driving School
Neosho, Missouri [Map]

Register Online!
[Click for online registration powered by MotorsportReg]
Note: 2013 events will use online registration via MotorsportReg. Additional registration instructions here.

Event Information Car Numbers and Classes
Car Numbers are exclusive for the 2013 season, meaning only one person is allowed to run a number during the entire year no matter what class you are in (e.g. Car number 76 Matt L in STC, you would not be able to use 76 even if you ran a different class). During pre-registration if a # is not shown when it is time to pick your car # then it is already in use this year.

Amenities
There are gas stations, WalMart, and fast food on Highway 59 about a mile North of the intersection of MO-D. There is no air available at the site, so prepare accordingly. We anticipate making lunch available on-site.

Directions from Springfield
Take I-44 to US 71 South, and exit at Highway 60 Neosho/Seneca. Go East to the light at US 59/71B (WalMart will be on your right). Turn right to go South on 59, and follow the signs for Crowder College and Highway MO-D. Turn left onto MO-D, and it will take you straight to Crowder College. Once you reach the stop sign at the entrance of Crowder, turn right onto Doniphan and head towards the windmill. Turn left just past the windmill, and follow the SCCA signs and cones to the site.

Coming from somewhere else? Plug it into Google Maps:
[Google Maps - Crowder College]

Run / Work
If we have over 80 entrants, we will go to a three-heat format based on a first-come, first-served basis:

Work heat 1 / Drive heat 3
Work heat 2 / Drive heat 1
Work heat 3 / Drive heat 2

Work assignments will be balanced to ensure even work coverage for all stations in all heats. If you show up at the last minute, your choice may be full. If you show up late, you will not be able to participate at all!

Coming from somewhere else? Plug it into Google Maps:
[Google Maps - Crowder College]

Site Map - click to view

See you there!
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

Ironhead

Post by Ironhead » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:46 pm

Are we forgetting to emphasize one excellent bit of information associated with this event?

(Besides the fact I'm doing the course :wink: )
Korry
1996 Camaro Z28 - 96 ESP
Simple and crude, but effective. The car too.

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:43 am

Ironhead wrote:Are we forgetting to emphasize one excellent bit of information associated with this event?

(Besides the fact I'm doing the course :wink: )
I thought that you being the course designer was the biggest news? If there were any other changes wouldn't we have included them in the above annoucement?
SilverYota wrote:Site Map - click to view
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

budweeks

Post by budweeks » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:45 pm

Oh boy! The big lot at Crowder!! And Korry doing the course? Wha-ha-ha-ha-ah!!!! (maniacal laugh)

Anyone have a car they'll let me drive?

(Not really kidding)

Bud

NSFW

Post by NSFW » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:13 pm

Is it true? Did we get the big lot back?
#711 STP

JimR

Post by JimR » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:31 pm

The "big" lot is back.

Right now the weather is forecasted to be a high of 75 and only 10% chance of rain. Can't beat that.

If you have a printer, you can save a few seconds by printing the Crowder waiver in advance and signing it.
http://www.omrscca.org/docs/CrowderColl ... elease.pdf
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

JimR

Post by JimR » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:15 pm

I checked the registration list, and I'm not on it. I went through the steps to register, but must not have clicked the last button. I'll be there in 36 STR.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:25 pm

Results will need to wait, someone is missing a time and we want to get that straightened out before posting. It was one of the persons affected by our "Phantom Finish" (second heat when a couple of people got really fast times) so I think we will be able to figure out what we are missing with a couple of phone calls and reviews of the sheets.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:49 am

I'm fairly confident the missing time would have put him 3rd on the pax list. You know, right between me and mark. :wink:

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:45 pm

Did anyone come across a black lightweight Bell helmet bag. It is the style with a drawstring that the helmet came in, and it could have easily been caught by the wind.

Scott W. there is a chance it is with the jacket you loaned me if you could check.

Thanks.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

g3joshua

Post by g3joshua » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:32 am

Not sure if this helps, but I was one of the people that go a false finish. #21 (CSP). I do believe the other car was the FRS that ran after I did, we were both then placed in right behind the 2 driver cars and then placed back into normal rotation.

Hope that helps out a little.
Nah, Just a Nerd!

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:30 pm

Results have been posted.

Though we are still missing a time for #664 on his re-run we feel confident that all other times are correct. Nick if you read this can you contact me and I believe we can work this out.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

jga0001

Post by jga0001 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:50 am

First-off, kudos to Korry for an excellent course design. I got in a few dry fun runs at the end and it was a spectacular experience.

I was timekeeping during the heat Nick Arbietman was running, and have been timekeeper several times before, but have never had a sizable issue until last weekend. I have learned how critical and, at times, hectic the score keeping jobs can be. Many people participate in contingency programs, and for them there is money at stake. I agree with Matt that all runs, except for Nicks missing run, are 100% correct, thanks to backup time keeping and grid captain notes. I think there are a few items that would really reduce the chances of running into an issue such as we encountered this weekend.

1. The time keepers (both computer and backup) need to have a clear, uninhibited peripheral view of both the start and finish line. They also need to see the starting que up to 4-5 cars deep.

2. Time Keeper needs to double check that each car crossing the finish line correlates to the car number on the computer with the last posted time. This seems common sense, but any time a light is falsely tripped for some reason, this will catch the problem before it can exponentiate.

3. The grid captain needs to stack the starting que 4-5 cars deep at all times. This lets the time keeper que car numbers ahead of time in the computer, and acts as a time buffer to allow correction of any problems.

4. The grid captain needs a form that includes rows for each car, and columns for each time that car is release to the starting line. If that car's last run was invalidated and they get a re-run, that last check mark should get an "R" beside it. I noticed the person running grid was doing basically this already, I just think it would be nice to have it all in an easy to read sheet. This is useful in correctly allocating cars to their respective runs in event of a mixup. Also, this should be kept along with the backup timing sheets in order to sort through any issues that may arise post-event. I volunteer to create this form.

5. The person at radio control needs to make sure there is an acknowledgement of each cone/DNF call before dropping the issue. I know there have been times where I am double checking something and I have tuned out anything going over the radios or the P.A. system. If both timekeepers do not acknowledge a call, keep trying.

Long story short, always have backups, but if you ever need to use the backups, your primary system needs improvement. Lest you come across the perfect storm when both the primaries and secondaries have problems at the same time.

Anywho, those are just my opinions/thoughts, but I believe these steps will ensure we catch and eliminate any mistakes early on.

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:30 am

SilverYota wrote:Did anyone come across a black lightweight Bell helmet bag.
I found the helmet bag, it was in my soft sided cooler. The funny part is the stainless steel travel coffee mug that I went to get from the cooler wasn't there (wish I had a better memory :? ).
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2